Author Topic: Planetouched Handbook  (Read 112573 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Planetouched Handbook
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
Mur-Zhaguls, for reference. If you use the LA set to 0 interpretation, they should be playable for a beatstick, having +14 Str, +6 Dex, +16 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Cha, large size, 3 natural attacks, +10 natural armor, and an obscure regeneration type. With only a single LA reduction, they're still basically unplayable.
Even if the LA is set to 0, you'd still be saddled with those 9 HD - which might not even stay Outsider HD, but become shitty Humanoid HD.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Mur-Zhaguls, for reference. If you use the LA set to 0 interpretation, they should be playable for a beatstick, having +14 Str, +6 Dex, +16 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Cha, large size, 3 natural attacks, +10 natural armor, and an obscure regeneration type. With only a single LA reduction, they're still basically unplayable.
Even if the LA is set to 0, you'd still be saddled with those 9 HD - which might not even stay Outsider HD, but become shitty Humanoid HD.
Yep, that's about the size of it.  It might have been appropriate as a LA+0 with outsider HD, but with humanoid only it's still not very good.  Playable, but not good.  I can only assume they forgot that HD and LA stacked.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:32:20 PM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
Clearly it needs to go Feral and turn them into full-BAB Monstrous Humanoid HD!  :D

(Or, better yet, take Otherworldly and turn your racial HD back into Outsider HD.)

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »
I thought otherworldly didn't affect HD?

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »
I thought otherworldly didn't affect HD?

It doesn't affect class HD (your type never does unless explicitly stated otherwise) but I see no reason it wouldn't affect racial HD unless there's an errata or FAQ ruling on it.