Author Topic: Level 5 Half Ogre Tripper  (Read 4668 times)

Milamber

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Level 5 Half Ogre Tripper
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
Steadfast Determination requires Endurance as a prereq.
oh :-(
Martial Monk 1 nice idea... but puts me another level behind on my Thicket of Blades....

If my GM doesn't allow both Spirit Lion and Wolf Totem Barbarian I guess I'll switch Spirit Lion for Martial Monk1.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:14:23 PM by Milamber »

Braithwaite

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
Well, obviously ToB is allowed. If will save is the problem, ToB has the solution. Instead of M Monk for Steadfast Determination, consider dipping Warblade or Swordsage and taking Moment of Perfect Mind. 5 Ranks in Concentration + your Con bonus gives a +9 once per combat. And you get 3-7 more maneuvers and stances.

Milamber

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 04:54:14 AM »
Well, obviously ToB is allowed. If will save is the problem, ToB has the solution. Instead of M Monk for Steadfast Determination, consider dipping Warblade or Swordsage and taking Moment of Perfect Mind. 5 Ranks in Concentration + your Con bonus gives a +9 once per combat. And you get 3-7 more maneuvers and stances.
Ok... but that would set me back 1 initiator level... how about Martial Study? Should work right? Crusaders Maneuvers are selected randomly though :(

Hand_of_Vecna

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 05:24:02 AM »
If you have trouble getting your DM to approve the whole totemn thing tell him one is a tribal totem and the other is his personal totem.

Braithwaite

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 03:04:47 PM »
Why would that set you back an initiator level? Isn't your initiator level the same whether you take Barbarian, M Monk, or a different ToB class?

Milamber

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
Why would that set you back an initiator level? Isn't your initiator level the same whether you take Barbarian, M Monk, or a different ToB class?
I'm a ToB newbie, but I think non-initiator class levels count 1/2 towards your initiator level. I currently have barb 2 => 1 initiator level. Barb 2 Monk 1 would also equal 1.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:32:13 PM by Milamber »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 06:05:20 PM »
I'm a ToB newbie, but I think non-initiator class levels count 1/2 towards your initiator level. I currently have barb 2 => 1 initiator level. Barb 2 Monk 1 would also equal 1.
That's correct :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol