Author Topic: SG-10: Chapter 1  (Read 4178 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
SG-10: Chapter 1
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:16:18 AM »
Your introductions to the activities in the lower levels of this mountain facility were varied, but your reactions were the same: utter astonishment.  The additional training and clearance was tough and hard to get, but now you are here, still asking yourself if you are dreaming.  You met the other members of your newly-assembled team just yesterday, and here you are, already called to a briefing, without having even been introduced to your team leader.

General Hammond walks in with a Major and looks you each over as you stand.  he says, nodding toward the man who entered with him,

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: SG-10: Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »
General what are our RoEs for this? What is acceptable collateral damage? And What is our cover for being there?
[spoiler]RoE-Rules of Engagement[/spoiler]

This flurry of questions streamed from a well built man of average height wearing the bars of a Lieutenant. While he wasn't an overly hansom man he was supposed to be brilliant with most aspects of electronics and engineering, if what he claimed the previous day was true at least.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »
Nodding in agreement, a lean man who looked somehow unkempt even in a crisply pressed uniform cleared his throat and added.  "Do we have any intel on their locations?  Maps, sightlines, that sort of thing?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »
do not

[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:33:00 PM by ksbsnowowl »
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 01:42:25 AM »
So basically kill or capture the bad guys and don't piss of the Isies or get put on the news. The bad guys are also pretending to be desert bears and camping in a cave most likely.
That sum it up?

Oh and snag some alien shwag too if we can. So who is driving the dune buggy guys?

Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 11:31:44 AM »
Morton scowled.  "Tourists, eh?  What about our gear?  I'm not sure tourists are normally seen humping around military-grade hardware even in that part of the world."
PbP Games

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 01:56:19 AM »
"There will be military-grade equipment stored in the civilian helicopter, for those items that will not fit into a daypack.  The tourist cover is mainly to avoid questions about your movements via helicopter from Tel Aviv.  The helicopter must continue to move about, providing your "tour" throughout your mission, so there will be potential timing issues with your extraction.  There are US Military operatives who will take your place in the helicopter as the tours continue.  The tour route and turn-around time takes 4 hours, during daylight hours only, so you will need to plan your extraction on the ground accordingly."

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 03:08:08 AM »
"What's the likelihood of running into other unfriendlies in those mountains?"
PbP Games

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 05:26:02 PM »
"Although Israeli security is pretty tight, those hills and valleys are less than 2 miles from the Jordan and Syrian borders.  And I wouldn't be surprised if the Goa'uld could evade Israeli sentries, given their lack of knowledge that such a foe even exists," Major Wilkinson says.  "The forces may have retreated to Jordan or Syria, or they may have heavy reinforcements."

The General brings up another image, giving you a better picture of the area's topography.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 06:13:42 PM »
"Is there anyone on this team capable of flying the Goa'uld vessel that might have brought these weapons into the area?" Asks the doctor. He's a man that looks worldly and a bit unkempt, as his he wasn't exactly sure which social norms of appearance he should follow.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 11:06:23 PM »
As long as we don't need me to pull off any thing too fancy I should be able to.
[spoiler]The previous statement may need to be retracted as i'm going off of memory and MW is in the middle of a move so i can't see my sheet to verify.
verified that i have 1 rank and ocupation bonus to pilot.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:14:49 AM by archangel.arcanis »

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 04:21:18 AM »
As long as we don't need me to pull off any thing too fancy I should be able to.
[spoiler]The previous statement may need to be retracted as i'm going off of memory and MW is in the middle of a move so i can't see my sheet to verify.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If I remember correctly, I have 1 point of pilot[/spoiler]
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 05:02:40 AM »
"Is this going to be a cave inspection, or will we be moving more or less through open areas?"
PbP Games

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
"Does anyone here speak Hebrew or Arabic?"

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
A rather unimposing man chose this moment to finally add to the conversation. "Um, I speak Middle Egyptian, Mandarin, Ancient Greek, and Latin, and I'm trying to learn a few more languages, but I don't speak either of those...", Jason added meekly, before sitting back in his chair and letting the other members of the group continue deliberations.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 02:22:15 PM »
"This may well be a cave inspection.  There are many tombs throughout the region they may also be using to hide out.  We should be getting night-vision goggles in our equipment, to make that somewhat easier."

"We haven't long before you should report to Peterson, so unless there are other questions?" Hammond concludes.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »
The doctor once again speaks, mentally he knows these fellows must be the best of the best, but he has a feeling a few of them will wash out of field work, and he might even be in that number. "Is there any satellite or radar evidence that would suggest that these weapons were recently brought to the region, and not that the 'Insurgents' found these weapons in a 3000 year old Goa'uld stockpile?"

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 04:34:26 PM »
"The Pentagon has been reviewing their satellite and radar data, and have found no evidence of Goa'uld ships yet, but it's possible they have means to render such surveillance useless."

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 05:18:08 PM »
[spoiler]Would we, or the SGC know about cloaked cargoships in this point in the timeline?[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
[spoiler]Would we, or the SGC know about cloaked cargoships in this point in the timeline?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Nope, not until about a year after this (Deadman Switch, season 3).[/spoiler]