Author Topic: Paragon Class for Shadow Plane Creatures  (Read 1277 times)

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
Paragon Class for Shadow Plane Creatures
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:06:49 AM »
I am playing an gnome illusionist with the Dark template and I've been attempting to build a five level paragon class for humanoids with one of the Shadow related templates (Dark, Shadow, Shade, etc.)  I've been having a bit of trouble balancing the choices between powers given.  The one bit that I really wanted to keep for this was the enhanced shadow magic for magic users and the wings.

Level 1 Choices
  • +30 dark vision
and
  • +10% shadow illusion realism
or
  • +10 or +20 feet to land or all movement speeds (or just increase land speed by 50%)

Level 2 Choices
  • Umbral Wings
     A Shadow Plane paragon who chooses the wings augmentation gains the ability to transform his shadow into wings in the shape of the paragon's choice. This allows the paragon a glide speed of twice his base land speed, when he reaches 5HD he can use his wings for full flight with a speed equal to twice his move speed, however, he takes 3 damage (bypassing any damage reduction) in any round that he uses his wings for flight. At 10 HD the paragon no longer takes damage when he uses his wings. All speeds have good maneuverability. He may fly with up to a heavy load but takes the movement penalties for flying with anything more than a light load.
  • Can store one melee and one ranged/thrown weapon in his shadow
    ~Weapons can be drawn as a swift or free action
    ~These weapons have the blurring property or
    ~You can merge one melee and one ranged weapon in your shadow making them fused and alterable between the two forms as long as they are within your possession.  If you drop one the two weapons separate and the weapon which was not dropped remains in your shadow.
Level 3 Choices
  • +10% shadow illusion realism
or
  • Blur effect on body Rounds equal to 1/2 character level in rounds rounding up per day
    ~Activate as a swift action
    ~Can be spread out

Level 4 Choices
Shadow Image 3/day
  • Similar to Mirror Image cast at character level.  Creates 1d4 figments of creature +1 per 3 levels
and
  • See in magical darkness at the farthest limit of your darkvision

Level 5 Choices
  • Gains subtype outsider(native),
    Native both to the Shadow Plane and the Material Plane and can be resurrected on either
  • Plane Shift to Plane of Shadow once per day.  Can take one creature /2 level as long as they are touching you or another who is touching you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:09:20 AM by LunaticsLament »
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
Re: Paragon Class for Shadow Plane Creatures
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:50:38 AM »
This is the Min/Max forums; http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=39.0?; it should allow you to break the game by first level; I have no useful advice to give?
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.