Author Topic: Looks like the Beguiler is going to be fun.  (Read 1363 times)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Looks like the Beguiler is going to be fun.
« on: January 14, 2010, 04:22:07 PM »
I finally got to play a Beguiler and it so far looks like it will be as fun as I was expecting.

DM did a wonderful job spinning a yarn that allowed for lots of flavorful use of various class abilities.

My Beguiler is a Shade Drow(variant Drow/dark template) fresh from the underdark with only limited knowledge of what is in the land of the burning light.  But so far have had wonderful oppurtunities to use many skills from diplomacy, bluff, stealths, knowledges, and useful spells in and awesome mix of fun.

Detect thoughts is certainly going to be invaluable in learning my way around this city and Silent image has come in very handy in creating forged papers on the fly to get through check points.  

Heck, have even learned that one of the NPC's I was dealing with (or the other mind there but hidden) has a freakin' 30+ Int.  That certainly colored how my character acting in RP hehe.

Yep, lots of fun options.  First session into the game and it is looking like tons of fun.

Hehe, editing to make note of the fact that my Beguiler right now has a VERY wary respect for the apparent mental fortitude of.... dogs (Damn things just would not go to sleep!!!)

Thanks BlackKnight, great game.
Placeholder - T'tosc

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Looks like the Beguiler is going to be fun.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:13:42 PM »
Sweet.  I've always wanted to play one of those.  You should post a diary here.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:21:31 AM »
I second the diary suggestion. Beguiler looks like a very fun class, I've yet to get the chance to play one. For the campaign I'm currently playing, I have a Yuan-Ti Pureblood(13th ECL) on stand-by for if/when my current character dies.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:47:10 AM »
Alright, I'll consider doing the diary.  I'll be keeping game notes anyways so shouldn't be too much more work and may even be helpful.

I'll go see if there are any Diary formats that I like better than I would otherwise create.
Placeholder - T'tosc