Author Topic: Main Campaign Setting & Character discussion  (Read 30875 times)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
Re: Main Campaign Setting & Character discussion
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 02:39:51 AM »
So i looked at it. Would any one have a problem if i played the ship's captain? I'm thinking charismatic hero focused on helping the others with those abilities and taking on the face role as well.

In that case, I recommend the Field Officer AdC from d20 Future.  I cleared it with Jace.  It'll give you some decent party-buff type abilities, as well as boosting your HP and BAB.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 02:46:32 AM »
So i looked at it. Would any one have a problem if i played the ship's captain? I'm thinking charismatic hero focused on helping the others with those abilities and taking on the face role as well.

In that case, I recommend the Field Officer AdC from d20 Future.  I cleared it with Jace.  It'll give you some decent party-buff type abilities, as well as boosting your HP and BAB.
:plot :thumb
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 03:29:21 AM »
Okay, so what do we have so far? A Charismatic Captain? A Doctor/Gunner? A Mechanics/Explosives guy and a Scout?

Any ideas for me? I really don't care which position I get, I'm just glad to be playing.
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 03:32:11 AM »
Actually i'm the Charismatic Captain (as long as no one objects)/surgeon/driver of the boat. No gunslinger for me.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 03:34:07 AM »
Scout/Mercenary, think Spike Spiegel.

Fast / Gunslinger / Gentle Warrior / Martial Artist. A regular cc-scoundrel!  :D

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »
Scout/Mercenary, think Spike Spiegel.

Fast / Gunslinger / Gentle Warrior / Martial Artist. A regular cc-scoundrel!  :D

I've seen one episode of Cowboy Bebop. "Think Spike Spiegal" tells me that your character flies in a starship and is always hungry. Can you tell me more? Is it the CC aspect that is similar?
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
I'd personally ignore using Gentle Warrior for that build because Gentle Warrior to me is like that Pink Guy Dan from the Street Fighter series. Sure, he almost looked cool (except for that pink gi) but his attacks were pathetic.

j0lt's Alex Cross from Black Isle was super capable at trips and grapples without taking a level of Gentle Warrior.

Just my two cents. If you have your heart set on it though I guess you could use it...

But of course that'll depend entirely on what you decide while playing to some degree-- You enter a new area of the game and some formerly "secret" advance classes become available to you for a time, you just might change your mind entirely.

Oh and JoeKap will be joining us for the main game as well, so he'll need to figure out a role as well.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 02:28:46 PM »
I can probably/hopefully handle explosives, chemicals and (basic) electric/electronic devices, disable devious traps and bombs, and provide some backup with repairs.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

joekap

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »
hey guys. im looking forward to joining the fun in the main campaign. im not sure what role i,ll be filling as i am still working on my back/origin story. i am incapable of making a character for anything without first thinking and re-thinking about who he is as a person and what made him the way he is. then i make the stats to fit the story.
but as i have been struck by some kind of debilitating virus i have all day to sit around and think... between rapid triips to the bathroom  :scared

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »
me and girl Tarot had a very lengthy chat about this (she says 'Hi' by the way,) and I have a very in depth background story planned out now as I personally had no idea how the main campaign was going to start but it work able, I'm think I'm going to go charismatic/fast with maybe a level of smart tossed in later, the only issue is that I don't get computer use as a class skill -_- which is kind of essential... might have to change occupation to 'student' or 'academic'  and give up that juicy extra feat from 'adventurer'

and thanks to her I will be playing a girl so it won't be a total sausage fest she's new to the team so be nice

Rough draft: Clare Annabell Greenway

i am incapable of making a character for anything without first thinking and re-thinking about who he is as a person and what made him the way he is. then i make the stats to fit the story.

amen bro! Thats what I HAVE to do. it's like a compulsion or something...
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

joekap

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »
all done!!!! :clap
an unkempt bearded fellow that appears to be in his late 30s (though something in his eyes gives the impression of a much younger man) that always smells like booze. he goes by the name Smith, just Smith. in addition to handling the janitorial needs of the crew he does the more dangerous maintenance on the ship, and safety procedures and equipment seem to be an alien concept to him. no one is sure where he is from or wants to get close enough to the mean smelly bastard to ask. when not on the job he is getting drunk, which usually leads to him getting punched in his face by whoever he pisses off at the time.

fast2/tough1
Role: janitor (thats right, he cleans the toilets) 

jacemachine