Author Topic: Main Campaign Setting & Character discussion  (Read 30873 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Main Campaign Setting & Character discussion
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2010, 11:30:57 AM »
So Jolt, since we're both scouts, I assume you're more of the detect-y, perseptive scout, and I'm more of the break-y-and-enter-y scout/thief. Am I right in that assumption? Just so we make sure we're not overlapping too much. Also, do we have a medic?

Yeah, I've got the listen/search/spot/survival parts covered.  My character is also carrying a lockpick, but it's filed under "bolt cutters".  I wanted him to be about as subtle as a tank.  :smirk

I hope someone else has Disable Device, because I'll be able to find the traps, but short of shooting them, I don't think I'll be able to disarm 'em.

I have some ranks (only a +5 total mod though...)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »
hmmm perhaps I should have thought about that being the techie/mechanic, hold on people let me shuffle some skill points around

....on second thoughts I might have to totally redesign my character.... drop the charismatic for  smart methinks :banghead

there we are +6 in total could add +2 more with a feat as I have one left and not sure what to spend it on
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:09:16 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2010, 08:38:54 PM »
So Jolt, since we're both scouts, I assume you're more of the detect-y, perseptive scout, and I'm more of the break-y-and-enter-y scout/thief. Am I right in that assumption? Just so we make sure we're not overlapping too much. Also, do we have a medic?

Yeah, I've got the listen/search/spot/survival parts covered.  My character is also carrying a lockpick, but it's filed under "bolt cutters".  I wanted him to be about as subtle as a tank.  :smirk

I hope someone else has Disable Device, because I'll be able to find the traps, but short of shooting them, I don't think I'll be able to disarm 'em.
That makes two, so we should be quite the pair, and as far as the trap solutions, I see no issue here...  :smirk

See, I'd kind of like that improvised weapons thing..... but I'm worried about losing out on too much BAB with fast, gunslinger, and gentle warrior already. I can't be a fighting charrie and lose too much bab off the bat, though if it goes on as long as Jace can... maybe a little later!  :D

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2010, 08:51:17 AM »
Apparently we're making very similar characters (except I have no interest in Soldier) so I think I'm going to have to rethink my character.

Whoops! Sorry.  :p

I moved some stuff around though. Hey thanks jolt, I can punch someone in the face for 15 damage now  :lmao

Got that deagle too. Going to be gunning for Weapon Focus and Specialization with it. I'm pretty heavily combat orientated I guess. But somehow I came out with enough ranks to max out everything I wanted for Navigator.
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2010, 11:36:01 AM »
need one last feat.... it's a starting feat so almost no restrictions, come on guys what do we need? Thinking of gearhead or maybe something less focused like alertness or anything really I'm open to suggestions  :plot
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2010, 12:02:34 PM »
Hey thanks jolt, I can punch someone in the face for 15 damage now  :lmao

Zuh?!
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

joekap

« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »
my smart guy-ness is spent on hide, move silently, investigate, disable device, crafte mechanical, electrical and pharmaceutical :smirk and languages, i want to remind ya'll if any one is thinking of switching stuff around to have another smart guy in the group, we could yous knowledge skill smart guy.

and.....MORE RIDDICK??!!!! its just sooooooo goooood. vin deserves an award for something...... :twitch

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »
Apparently we're making very similar characters (except I have no interest in Soldier) so I think I'm going to have to rethink my character.

Whoops! Sorry.  :p

It's ok, I'll just go back to my fallback plan which is to wait until everybody else is done and see what I can make that won't step on toes.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »
my smart guy-ness is spent on hide, move silently, investigate, disable device, crafte mechanical, electrical and pharmaceutical :smirk and languages, i want to remind ya'll if any one is thinking of switching stuff around to have another smart guy in the group, we could yous knowledge skill smart guy.

hummm our builds are very very similar... only my char is more mechanically minded, not that that's a problem, just wondering where you got all those feats from O_o we should have four feats right? two from being human, one bonus from class and one for lv three? coz if so I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO SPEND MY LAST FEAT ON!!  :banghead
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2010, 02:08:11 AM »
Tarot you could have 4 or 5 (beside simple weapons). depending if your occupation gives an extra one.

I have Human, 1st, Ocupation, class 2, and 3rd
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2010, 02:41:53 AM »
Zuh?!

Shit, I gotta quit talking when I get stoned, I confuse everyone. Including myself. Did my math wrong too...fml

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2010, 02:45:40 AM »
Zuh?!

Shit, I gotta quit talking when I get stoned, I confuse everyone. Including myself. Did my math wrong too...fml
Just for you dude. Every time you post, I think of this.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2010, 03:59:29 AM »
Lmao and I was stoned when I clicked that link and I thank you. I thank you a lot, I laughed until my ribs hurt.

On another note, I fixed all my shit on my character sheet, but it's the same premise.

hummm our builds are very very similar... only my char is more mechanically minded, not that that's a problem, just wondering where you got all those feats from O_o we should have four feats

At this point with a group this big we're bound to have some over lapping. I'm not sure it can be avoided.

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2010, 05:48:17 AM »

hummm our builds are very very similar... only my char is more mechanically minded, not that that's a problem, just wondering where you got all those feats from O_o we should have four feats

At this point with a group this big we're bound to have some over lapping. I'm not sure it can be avoided.

but thats why I love modern so damn much "oh shit we got two paladins we all have the same skills and abilities and shit" *cry*  :bigeye

"oh a smart double fast as well huh? what skills?" "oh focusing on craft, repair and computer use, and maybe picking up a few drive and pilot skills where needed" "cool cool, I', more to do with sneaking with a huge hide and move silently," "awesome what was your first talent?" "linguist wanna be able to speak shit" "cool cool went for savant myself" etc etc  :thumb
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2010, 06:55:09 AM »
thats why I love modern so damn much "oh shit we got two paladins we all have the same skills and abilities and shit" *cry*  :bigeye

"oh a smart double fast as well huh? what skills?" "oh focusing on craft, repair and computer use, and maybe picking up a few drive and pilot skills where needed" "cool cool, I', more to do with sneaking with a huge hide and move silently," "awesome what was your first talent?" "linguist wanna be able to speak shit" "cool cool went for savant myself" etc etc  :thumb

+1
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2010, 02:22:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm a sucker for modern too, d20 in general really. It's what I've been running my own campaigns with ever since I showed it to my players. It's just so easy to use and flexible, you can be anything you want, your not boxed in at all. *cough 4E cough*.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm a sucker for modern too, d20 in general really. It's what I've been running my own campaigns with ever since I showed it to my players. It's just so easy to use and flexible, you can be anything you want, your not boxed in at all. *cough 4E cough*.
+1 :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2010, 03:01:17 PM »
So, is everybody done except for me?    :P
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »
Still need to get my gear done and PM Jace with equipment requests.
Should have that done next weekend.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2010, 03:18:22 PM »
Still need to get my gear done and PM Jace with equipment requests.
Should have that done next weekend.

I'm not that concerned about equipment, just making sure everybody has their class/feat/skill progressions pretty much done so I can fill any gaps.
Notes to self