Author Topic: An Arcane ARchivist?  (Read 3661 times)

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
An Arcane ARchivist?
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
so i was wondering i have heard that its possible but i cant find away so i have to ask is thier a way to turn archivists spells arcane or get them arcane spells added to the ones they can buy to put into thier spell book?

just wondering i tried looking in the handbook and check the links from thier and didnt see mention of how do do it but i have heard that it can be done

any help at all is welcome

thank you in advance

ron

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: An Arcane ARchivist?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »
There are two feats for this: Southern Magician (Shining South - FR Specific) and Alternate Source Spell (Dragon #325). Both let you convert divine spells into arcane spells and vice versa. Buy your scrolls from a Wizard who has one of these feats - voilá, divine Wizard spells. Repeat for any other arcane class you want.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
close to what i was looking for but i am trying to find a way to allow an archivist to qualify for Arcane casting Prc's without using arcane hierophant or Mystic theurge

ron

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
close to what i was looking for but i am trying to find a way to allow an archivist to qualify for Arcane casting Prc's without using arcane hierophant or Mystic theurge

ron

Dragon's Blood Pool.  Also, might look into Sword of the Arcane Order, as you do indeed share the paladin list.  Initiate of Mystra for that matter, as well, since you have the cleric list too.  :D
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »

[/quote]

Dragon's Blood Pool.  Also, might look into Sword of the Arcane Order, as you do indeed share the paladin list.  Initiate of Mystra for that matter, as well, since you have the cleric list too.  :D
[/quote]

okay thanks i knew that i was just not thinking of something can you tell me what book dragons blood pool is from so i can have the DM approve it?

im sure i can get sword of the arcane order threw to allow me to get arcane spells if not

ron

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

Quote from: KellKheraptis

okay thanks i knew that i was just not thinking of something can you tell me what book dragons blood pool is from so i can have the DM approve it?

im sure i can get sword of the arcane order threw to allow me to get arcane spells if not

ron

Fixed the quote code for ya :D  I believe it's in Complete Mage, or possibly Dragon Magic, and is a magical location.  Until you get SotAO, you have to return once a year to renew it.  Once you have SotAO you're self-fulfilling, and can safely let it lapse.  Algernon, by Doc Rock, was the biggest example of the power of the Dragon's Blood Pool IMO, though I don't know if he originated the trick (though stacking onto it he did AFAIR, which he called the Jacob's Ladder trick).
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »

Quote from: KellKheraptis

ron

Fixed the quote code for ya :D  I believe it's in Complete Mage, or possibly Dragon Magic, and is a magical location.  Until you get SotAO, you have to return once a year to renew it.  Once you have SotAO you're self-fulfilling, and can safely let it lapse.  Algernon, by Doc Rock, was the biggest example of the power of the Dragon's Blood Pool IMO, though I don't know if he originated the trick (though stacking onto it he did AFAIR, which he called the Jacob's Ladder trick).

so i found dragons blood pool in comeplete mage and i have one question i see how it works or a spontanoues caster but as far as doing it for a prepared caster i cant see what it does

ron

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »
Might also check into Magical Training, as it's the means the Cheater uses to get into Dweomerkeeper without leaving a divine progression.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 08:51:50 PM »
Might also check into Magical Training, as it's the means the Cheater uses to get into Dweomerkeeper without leaving a divine progression.

you know for a black hatter your being very nice about these suggestions  :P

but that only gives a few cantrips and i need third level arcane spells to get into war weaver...so i am guessing the best/only way in will be sword of the arcane order

ron

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »

you know for a black hatter your being very nice about these suggestions  :P

but that only gives a few cantrips and i need third level arcane spells to get into war weaver...so i am guessing the best/only way in will be sword of the arcane order

ron

Dragonblood Pool with Sanctum Spell = 3rd level Arcane Spell not tied to a class :D

And the black hatter reference in this case is the fact that when I make something, people groan and cry and hide their babies.  If nothing else from the reek of Limburger :P
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »

ron
Just take one of the feats Agita mentioned yourself then.
There are two feats for this: Southern Magician (Shining South - FR Specific) and Alternate Source Spell (Dragon #325). Both let you convert divine spells into arcane spells and vice versa.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »

Dragonblood Pool with Sanctum Spell = 3rd level Arcane Spell not tied to a class :D

And the black hatter reference in this case is the fact that when I make something, people groan and cry and hide their babies.  If nothing else from the reek of Limburger :P
[/quote]

i guessed that but i'm a smart ass and it always slips out on the boards once in a while

ron