Author Topic: Sublime Chord and 7/10 casting, can I get 9s?  (Read 5101 times)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: Sublime Chord and 7/10 casting, can I get 9s?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 01:31:46 AM »
Dragon 317, and it's called Truename [General].  You suffer drawbacks if someone finds it out and uses it against you, but for someone becoming a fiend, it almost fits too well to not have :P

EDIT : :ninja -ed!

That will only double the effectiveness of Wis. Damnit. Still a super great feat...

If you're going any type of cleric base (like Ur-Priest), you're slightly Cha/Wis MAD anyhow, so optimize it as you would a turn-happy cleric.  Your Cha will be sick anyhow, and that mod can be put to good use with DMM.  Um, make sure to snag Mother Cyst too.  Gives you more room to work with adding Cha, and ensures that Wis mod won't be slacking.

Eh, getting Cha based casting is my biggest goal.

Also, the CL for my SLAs is my HD. Is half of that that added to my Ur Priest caster level?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 01:35:06 AM »
Dragon 317, and it's called Truename [General].  You suffer drawbacks if someone finds it out and uses it against you, but for someone becoming a fiend, it almost fits too well to not have :P

EDIT : :ninja -ed!

That will only double the effectiveness of Wis. Damnit. Still a super great feat...

If you're going any type of cleric base (like Ur-Priest), you're slightly Cha/Wis MAD anyhow, so optimize it as you would a turn-happy cleric.  Your Cha will be sick anyhow, and that mod can be put to good use with DMM.  Um, make sure to snag Mother Cyst too.  Gives you more room to work with adding Cha, and ensures that Wis mod won't be slacking.

Eh, getting Cha based casting is my biggest goal.

Also, the CL for my SLAs is my HD. Is half of that that added to my Ur Priest caster level?

Oh hell, if they're considered casting levels, I would think so.  My how good Unseelie Fey Lesser Fey'ri is starting to look for my casters...
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 02:08:28 AM »
Oh hell, if they're considered casting levels, I would think so.  My how good Unseelie Fey Lesser Fey'ri is starting to look for my casters...

That would get ridiculously broken... really fast. Magic Blooded Unseelie Fey Half Fey Lesser Celadrin has 4 SLA sources, each granting CL @ character level. That's a flat +40 to my caster level. That's cheese so stinky it's not even fun.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 02:36:40 AM »
Favored in Guild, I think.  And it can only be taken once :(

I found this feat in Champions of Valor and that's not it. Unless the 1 extra rank is a benefit from a specific group?

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
hohoho triple post!

Magic Blooded Unseelie Draconic Half Fey Lesser Celadrin (I can't find any other +1 LA that gives Cha other then Draconic...)
Cloistered Cleric 1/Hexblade 3/Binder 1/Ur Priest 2/Thrall of M 10/ Prc Pally 2/Mystic Wonderer 1 (Or Spelldancer and save all the DMM for quicken but that's super feat intensive)

What this gives me:
  • +16 to Cha, pre items/level ups
  • Cha to AC twice
  • Cha to saves twice
  • Mettle
  • Two sources for DMM (even without Extra Turning, 2*(3 + 21) is a lot!
  • Bonus Spells based off Cha, but still Wis to the DC  :banghead
  • 21st level Special Mount
[spoiler]Sigh... this build works but it's not at all how I wanted it to turn out. I want Cha to the DCs![/spoiler]