Author Topic: Yea, it's a homebrew feat, whatever.  (Read 1858 times)

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
Yea, it's a homebrew feat, whatever.
« on: October 10, 2010, 05:40:26 AM »
COLLECTIVE STRENGTH [General]
Prerequisites: Caster Level 15th, Reserves of Strength (DLCS), Ability to become a Circle Leader (Circle Magic).
When leading a circle of casters, you may utilize the circle bonus levels to increase the maximum caster level for any spell beyond it's normal maximum, to a maximum of Caster Level 40th. This use deals 1d8 points of damage per caster level exceeding the normal caster level cap of the spell modified in this fashion to the participants of the circle, at the time of the spell's casting, divided up however the circle leader sees fit. This ability overlaps (does not stack with) the ability granted by the feat Reserves of Strength.
Normal: You cannot exceed to maximum caster level indicated in the spell description.

--------------

Does this work how I want it to, or is the language such that it could be used to fuel another route to Pun-Pun? (Ignoring the fact that it could probably be used to fuel a Pun-Pun even if used as intended.) The specific use in mind is to be able to cast a Break Enchantment at CL 40. For the record, Polymorph style spells will be result in application of a metal folding chair, so I'm not afraid of it being used for a Gibbering Orb or ...y'know, whatever.

Perhaps this would be more appropriate in the homebrew section, but, well, this is where the activity is.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Yea, it's a homebrew feat, whatever.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 05:52:12 AM »
Perhaps this would be more appropriate in the homebrew section, but, well, this is where the activity is.
New posts are made every single day in the Homebrew forum.  If you want input an Homebrew stuff then just post it there.

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 05:59:41 AM »
Well reserves of strength already had a badly written description which uncapped any spell in the first place.

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:06:50 AM »
New posts are made every single day in the Homebrew forum.  If you want input an Homebrew stuff then just post it there.

Fine, be that way.

Well reserves of strength already had a badly written description which uncapped any spell in the first place.

Ehh, arguably. I don't play in a group that enjoys arguing over the semantics of badly written feats, it's assumed that if the intent is clear, then it works that way. Call that house rules if you like, we call it getting on with the game. And it keeps our metal folding chairs in better condition.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 07:41:23 PM »
It's not awfully written, but extremely, highly abusable. I mean, really, who really cares about 25d8 hit point damage first thing in the morning?
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]