Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: The Revenge of the Grue  (Read 139313 times)

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question: The Revenge of the Grue
« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »
Q 65: Where can I find the feat/item/spell/thingie that lets a Cleric Archer (for example) imbue his arrows with spells?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »
Q64 What is the title of this thread referring to?  Who/what is Grue?
A 64

Grue. Because I'm too lazy to explain it myself.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2010, 10:52:21 AM »
Thank you
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
Q 66:  Is there a domain that, for the domain power, grants Iron Will as a bonus feat?

Thanks much   :)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »
Q 66:  Is there a domain that, for the domain power, grants Iron Will as a bonus feat?
A 66Afraid not. At least none that I'm aware of. Dwarf gives you Great Fortitude, and Drow gives you Lightning Reflexes.

Q 67 How long does it take to make a masterwork weapon, or piece of armor? Days wise.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2010, 11:55:34 AM »
Q 67 How long does it take to make a masterwork weapon, or piece of armor? Days wise.
A67 The answer isn't set in stone.  Pull up the Craft skill in the SRD, and remember you can always voluntarily raise the Craft DC to accelerate production.

The exact time depends on how high your Craft skill is, but it's measured in weeks by default.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2010, 11:57:44 AM »
A67 The answer isn't set in stone.  Pull up the Craft skill in the SRD, and remember you can always voluntarily raise the Craft DC to accelerate production.

The exact time depends on how high your Craft skill is, but it's measured in weeks by default.
Okay, I was wondering about that. Just wanted to double check. You get used to a high magic campaign where it takes days for every 1000 gold pieces that you tend suspect something when you're being told a masterwork weapon and armor will take nearly a month because "the glue can only dry so fast" for bows.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
A 66Afraid not. At least none that I'm aware of. Dwarf gives you Great Fortitude, and Drow gives you Lightning Reflexes.
The Otyugh Hole magical location in the Complete Scoundrel can grant it, however, and is "worth" 3,000 gp. If you have the starting wealth, it's really easy to work into a backstory (too easy, actually).
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Okay, I was wondering about that. Just wanted to double check. You get used to a high magic campaign where it takes days for every 1000 gold pieces that you tend suspect something when you're being told a masterwork weapon and armor will take nearly a month because "the glue can only dry so fast" for bows.
Frankly, if I was told that, I'd find a different place to buy bows.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »
Q68 What ways are there from PHB and MiC only to increase my spellcraft check, already considered custom items. Eternal Wand of Divine Insight perhaps, Could a 1Clr/WizX even activate it? Anything else?

Q69 Does anyone have some good examples of Outsiders (any book, preferably not too obscure) with spellcrafting/heavy investment in magics, I require something thematic and preferably also cool.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »
Yeah, but we're all low level, and in a low level city, so there are no other places to buy that bow. We put a deposit on our stuff, and in six days (already been four), our stuff should be made. That is of course if the place isn't pillaged and burnt to the ground first, like all the neighbouring cities we've visited.

Archao

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
Q70 Is it possible to use Turn Undead to remove a possessing ghost from your own body?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2010, 02:28:26 PM »
Yeah, but we're all low level, and in a low level city, so there are no other places to buy that bow. We put a deposit on our stuff, and in six days (already been four), our stuff should be made. That is of course if the place isn't pillaged and burnt to the ground first, like all the neighbouring cities we've visited.
Great.  So the only place to buy bows is of crappy quality.  You have my sympathy.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

By yes, she means no.
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »
Yeah it's interesting to have to actually wait for stuff now. The players have voiced their frustration, but the DM's done his research. In medieval times, it actually took a year to get a masterwork weapon or armor. He said he'd revise it to that if he heard anymore complaints. :scared

Q70 Is it possible to use Turn Undead to remove a possessing ghost from your own body?
If there is, it'll probably be in the Ghostwalk book. There is a 5th lvl Cleric spell called Dispel Possession to get them out, and a 1st level from letting a ghost get in.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »
Yeah it's interesting to have to actually wait for stuff now. The players have voiced their frustration, but the DM's done his research. In medieval times, it actually took a year to get a masterwork weapon or armor. He said he'd revise it to that if he heard anymore complaints. :scared
It also took months for invading forces to do anything, much less muster armies, as well. You guys would have been better off crafting it yourselves, it's sounding like.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2010, 02:37:08 PM »
It also took months for invading forces to do anything, much less muster armies, as well. You guys would have been better off crafting it yourselves, it's sounding like.
Yeah, but none of us have the spare skill points, or the INT to do it. We do have one guy helping out though. He was helping make regular weapons so that the masterwork ones could be more prioritized.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »
My comment was more on the "waiting for the glue to dry" bit.  Good bows don't use glue.

By yes, she means no.
[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »
Yeah, but none of us have the spare skill points, or the INT to do it. We do have one guy helping out though. He was helping make regular weapons so that the masterwork ones could be more prioritized.
You can craft without any points, it just takes a lot longer, assuming you can hit that DC, since you cannot take 20 on it. You can take 10, though.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
Q 71: Dex, Wis, and Int have Necrotic Empowerment and Wis has Owl's Inspiration or whatever the one is that adds a massive insight bonus to Wis.  What's the highest boost Cha can get?  Can it match those three, let alone Str?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »
Q 71: Dex, Wis, and Int have Necrotic Empowerment and Wis has Owl's Inspiration or whatever the one is that adds a massive insight bonus to Wis.  What's the highest boost Cha can get?  Can it match those three, let alone Str?
Well, nothing can match str buffs (diseases and shocking, of course). There are a bunch of +cha spells, but they all appear to be enhancement, or don't boost nearly similar to NE or Owl's Insight, that I have found, aside from Greater Visage of the Deity (Which is a +4 if good, +2 if evil, with a possible +8/+6 instead, depending on how your DM reads the interaction between Lesser VotD and Greater VotD's Charisma boosting, it may be unnamed, or enhancement, by that same token). Anyone else have any more?
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]