Author Topic: Extreme survival test. Need help.  (Read 7312 times)

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
Re: Extreme survival test. Need help.
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 01:07:10 PM »
No incarnate soulmelds work with your con score -10, which is very unusual for the game but that is what it says in MoI. I really recommend incarnum zombies, they are awesome and would give you an additional battle buddy allowing you to hold your nice place in the action economy.

Necrocarnum circlet(the one creating zombies) requires the crown chakra bind to create zombies(and you can only control 1 at a time, so the share soulmeld trick doesn't give you a second zombie...i think).

Yes you can only control one at a time, and your familiar can also only control one at a time which should give you two I think. You could also use the healing soul meld which I forgot the name of to get healing between you and your familiar.

TT30

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
Everything depends how you read "share soulmeld" Feat says that "At your option, any soulmeld shaped by you and
currently affecting you can also affect your familiar"

Necrocarnum circlet gives ability to animate corpse with crown bind, share soulmeld doesn't say anything about binds, but if bind only gives extra abilities to soulmeld i would let familiar to use it and animate extra corpse.

I wouldn't give another soulspark familiar, because soulspark familiar soulmeld doesn't really affect you. Soulspark soulmeld is soulspark familiar and it unshapes when familiar takes enough damage. If soulmeld would give ability to summon soulspark familiar then it would work, but it doesn't.

Aldgar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 06:10:54 AM »
Everything depends how you read "share soulmeld" Feat says that "At your option, any soulmeld shaped by you and
currently affecting you can also affect your familiar"

Necrocarnum circlet gives ability to animate corpse with crown bind, share soulmeld doesn't say anything about binds, but if bind only gives extra abilities to soulmeld i would let familiar to use it and animate extra corpse.

I wouldn't give another soulspark familiar, because soulspark familiar soulmeld doesn't really affect you. Soulspark soulmeld is soulspark familiar and it unshapes when familiar takes enough damage. If soulmeld would give ability to summon soulspark familiar then it would work, but it doesn't.

Thankfully, my DM's interpretation(and that's the one that matters) differs from yours in this case. I *do* get two soulsparks.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2010, 08:39:29 AM »
Will you also get two Lesser Soulsparks when you bind it?

Aldgar

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 10:36:32 AM »
Unless the DM suddenly changes his ruling about how share soulmeld interacts with soulspark familiar, yes, I will get two lesser soulsparks.

Aldgar

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 05:12:47 AM »
Reached floor 3. Couldn't completely clear floor 2 because the last unexplored area was covered by Deeper Darkness and I had only cantrips and mundane light sources, and I didn't want to risk exploring an area while effectively blind.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 06:18:30 AM »
Reached floor 3. Couldn't completely clear floor 2 because the last unexplored area was covered by Deeper Darkness and I had only cantrips and mundane light sources, and I didn't want to risk exploring an area while effectively blind.
Couldn't you block line of effect for it?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 06:31:35 AM »
I still don't get why you don't refresh stuff when you rest for eight hours.

Aldgar

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 07:17:29 AM »
Shaping soulmelds takes 1 hour. I didn't want to risk a random encounter(CR-appropriate something that yields no loot and xp and might be a swarm which is my major weakness)

Anyhow, some updates:

The first encounter on floor 1 was a large golem which brought Team down to 5 HP.

And my character has no way to heal out of combat...

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »
Shaping soulmelds takes 1 hour. I didn't want to risk a random encounter(CR-appropriate something that yields no loot and xp and might be a swarm which is my major weakness)

AND I still don't get why you just don't spit swarms to death like everything else. Sure they don't need to roll to hit and can potentially affect every one of your guys at the same time, but they also do piddly damage at these CRs.

And my character has no way to heal out of combat...
Dip somethign with access to either CLW or LV on their list, OR with access to UMD, and do a skilldump. Hmm...

I guess abusing the RAW of the martial spirit stance is out of the question...

Aldgar

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2010, 09:16:54 AM »
Err, I'm not sure wether I can even *spit at* swarms.

Dissolving spittle is a (Su) ability that targets 1 creature, and iirc, swarms are immune to targeting stuff...

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »
Err, I'm not sure wether I can even *spit at* swarms.

Dissolving spittle is a (Su) ability that targets 1 creature, and iirc, swarms are immune to targeting stuff...
Ack, you're right. I just thought they are immune to weapon damage, but not elemental damage. While the description doesn't really specify "1 creature", it is implied, I guess.

Aldgar

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
Team was finally defeated in a grapple by a lesser Bone drinker.

She started the fight with 5/32 HP, and even though her Grapple modifier was higher(+6 vs the bone drinker's +5), she was pinned and suffered 4 points of constitution damage, which killed her.