Author Topic: Bright Worms vs Web  (Read 1947 times)

Redeemer of Ogar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • My wife's art page:
    • Email
Bright Worms vs Web
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:33:38 AM »
Need an opinion: If I use Bright Worms (PHB2 p105) in the same area as a Web, will the Web remain or will it burn away?

The argument for burning: Bright Worms is Conjuration (creation) Fire, and inflicts fire damage on the creatures that it targets.

The argument for remaining: Bright Worms creates "a knot of living light with wormlike tendrils" that do not attack allies, and just sort of drift around, until enemies enter the area, at which point they lash out and combust the creatures that they touch.

The question is, at what point is there actual fire?  Only at the point of contact, all along the worm during contact, or all along the worm at all times?  I know it'll be a DM call, I'm just trying to decide if my "web will remain" argument is strong enough to present.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Bright Worms vs Web
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:29:02 AM »
I'm assuming that if they can avoid allies, they can avoid the web too; there are better ways to do this anyhow.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Redeemer of Ogar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • My wife's art page:
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »
I'm assuming that if they can avoid allies, they can avoid the web too; there are better ways to do this anyhow.

I'd be happy to hear other ideas. I'm investigating ideas for a 7th-level caster who is banning Evocation, Necromancy and Enchantment (sadly we're in a campaign with Exalted so I wouldn't be able to use most Necromantic spells and stay in the party). 

I am also considering the possibility of banning Illusion instead of Evocation, since I'm going to effectively be 7th-Wiz, 4th-Beguiler (Ultimate Magus, the CLs will be higher), and we can't use Dragon Mag feats, so I'm not going to be able to make proper use of Shadow Conj/Evo anyway.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 01:32:32 PM »
Illusion is still very versatile. Evocation is... I'm bored and have nothing better to do, so here's a Fireball.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Apekollapsen

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
It will burn away.  ;)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »
Come to think of it, it's funny how most low-level immobilization/entangling spells work by creating something flammable.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 03:31:35 AM »

Would probably burn.
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."