Author Topic: PbP Game?  (Read 3863 times)

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unseelie Fae
    • Email
PbP Game?
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:40:16 AM »
Hello!

New around these parts and returning to DnD after a prolonged hiatus in the Storyteller System.

Was wondering which DMs might be looking for new players, especially those interested in Pixies, Warforged and Dragonfire Adepts.  Love Iron Kingdoms and what little I know about Eberron.

Oh!  And Merry Christmas everyone! (Or for everyone who celebrates it...)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:54:36 AM by Thistledown Thurbertaut »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: PbP Game?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »
There's a stickied thread marked "Open Game Advertisements". Otherwise, take a look in the individual threads here which aren't locked or ancient.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »
Thanks! :goes to post:

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 12:36:59 AM »
Well it's back to the looking board for a PbP.  Any 3.5 games out there?  Not too Keen on Gestalt and such games, since I regard them to be somewhat cheeser and needlessly overcomplicated (even for an optimiser).

Eberron is cool and shiny but I am open to other settings.  Low to mid level starting point preferred.

Oh, and I should add I am looking for a PbP that is somewhat consistent and not going to just fall part.  Solid DMs with clear vision  for the win!

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:14:31 AM »
I want to game more damnit!!!  Who will take this poor, outcast, mischevious, devious, wicked, wandering Unseelie Fae that is the Thistledown...?  ???

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:32:42 AM »
Oh, and I should add I am looking for a PbP that is somewhat consistent and not going to just fall part.  Solid DMs with clear vision  for the win!
Hehe. We all want that. All DMs aim for that.

I recommend looking at GitP or Myth-Weavers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:37:36 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 11:11:19 AM »
Meh. For some reason I have never felt quite "comfortable" on GitP forums.  I love the webcomic but the forums...there a bit "much" for me.  It probably has alot to do with the layout...ha!  It's like some cyber-claustrophobia or something.  For some reason it's really easy to get around here and I am intrigued by the hijinks of the CO community.  Haven't checked out Mythweavers though so maybe that will appeal to me...

Danke.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:41:32 AM »
I have been known to occasionally run good games in the past, but at the moment, due to university-related busy-ness, would rather play than GM. I hear TT's problem, and would like to see if any GM would be kind enough to adopt us.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 02:58:47 AM »
i am looking for players to start runing a game
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

jolt

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »
What kind of game did you have in mind?

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Bah!  By the time I get around to checking there are already 10 pages of interest the players are picked and half of them are the usual suspect around here...don;t you guys have enough games to hog already?  :rollseyes

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »
Bah!  By the time I get around to checking there are already 10 pages of interest the players are picked and half of them are the usual suspect around here...don;t you guys have enough games to hog already?  :rollseyes

you can join if you want
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 06:25:43 PM »
I have to agree with konner09 here. No fewer than two games, both GMed by literal first-timers, have been hovering on this forum for a week, and neither of them have reached even close to 10 pages of interest. Sad to say it, but you only have yourself to blame at this point.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
No. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Grepme2001

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »
I feel your pain Thistledown.

:banghead

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 07:03:37 AM »
I'm sory, I promise to stop joining games... at least until two of them drop, then I'll join one asap.  :D

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »
I'm withdrawing from Fear the Unknown 3.0 (Amechra Edition) before it gets going.  Looks like a real fun game but doesn't look like I'd get to be real regular once it gets going so I do not want to start and slow it down.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »
Thistledown, if you want to join FtU: (some funny edition name), we have at least one opening; AKA Hallack.

Sorry Grepme2001, you griped to late.  :D
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 06:19:17 PM »
What does Hallack mean?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »
Hallack was going to play, but now he is not.

Hey, Hallack, do you mind if we make you into a noun?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing