Author Topic: Meta-Game Talk  (Read 1876 times)

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Meta-Game Talk
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:11:01 AM »
Hey there, folks. So this thread is for all info closely relating to the game, that is not in character. Any questions?!
Quote from: wezylithyx
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

You totally just fixed these two classes. I had no idea it would be so simple.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Meta-Game Talk
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:20:47 AM »
So, did that last scene make sense to y'all? I understand I didn't post with much detail... but basically, y'all saw two female drow running towards you from a side passage. They were dressed in plain looking black clothes, armed, with malicious intent played on their facial expressions. Basically, they looked like anonymously dressed female drow assassins, no one you recognized.. .Before bursting into your small room, they smacked into what you can only guess was a wall of force, and as they were reeling back from the unexpected obstacle, two male drow dressed as nobles of House Xarann fell upon and killed them. One of them touched the wall of force with his rapier, dispelling it, and then the more finely dressed drow entered the room, while the other looked around, turned and ran down the passageway they came from. Got it?
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:26:40 AM »
Otherwise, y'all should post/I'm gonna move forward to the next scene. Sorry once again for all the posting delays... I know I'm lame.

minmax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:06:36 PM »
got it

Incanur

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:32:16 PM »
Over on one of the versus forum I frequent, they're discussing Faerun against Napoleonic France. They go by the fluff rather than D&D mechanics. I've been shocked to see how pathetic wizards seems in the novels compared with their counterparts at tabletops across the country. Even Elminster supposedly couldn't stop the force of a hundred thousand horse-archers facing King Azoun. If I had sent a force of purely warriors and fighters at Dara and company, y'all would have laughed regardless of numbers. As a lich, Dara herself could have waded through a force of mooks indefinitely without cast so much as a single spell. If Napoleonic France had appeared in our Faerun, Napoleon would have been either dead or dominated within hours. The contrast between fluff and mechanics boggles the mind. Has this gotten better in 4E? Does anyone know?