Author Topic: what would you build with this  (Read 5332 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: what would you build with this
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 11:33:59 AM »
Still an excuse IMO, but that aside, you might also look at builds that will normally be MAD, since you've got the stats to pull them off.  Cleric/Sacred Fist comes to mind, as does a Trancer Hood, or any gish for that matter.  Raw power would be either an Iot7FV or a Master Spellthief UM.  Um...there's always also a Totem Rager Frenzied Berserker if you want to tear shit up.  Having been working on my rage-endowed Ardent, I'm all about Cobalt Rage :) 

Another possible idea would be a Wild Reaper Druid, possibly with VoP.  Venomfire+supercharged dinoform+Touch of Golden Ice=lots of dead enemies.  You might also see if the BoVD trick for removing energy type (as in 100% non-typed damage, Vile and Unholy in the case of BoVD) also works for BoED.  100% Holy damage on blasts would add one more level of versatility to what might be the most versatile base class already (other than wizards...but that's another thread).  Dragonwrought Kobold can net even more options, adding up to two spell lists to the Druid's (the two best, ironically) and an earlier means of turning undead.  Two sources makes it easy to fuel DMM.  Imagine...a druid with better class features and access to both DMM tech and action management like a wizard or sorc.  If you use the Spontaneous variant (with a means of netting all those spells as spells known...get creative, it's possible ;) ) you can even nova like a sorc.  While Dragon Wild Shaped.  Muahaha!

my only real question about the dragonwrought kobold is dont you need dragons of ebberon to maake it really cheesey or is thier another trick i missed out thier?

i know i can take the greater droconic rite but what els am i missing

ron
Well, getting +3 to all mental stats from being Venerable without taking the penalties to physical stats with a single feat also helps a lot.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 12:20:49 PM »
Expanding on my earlier snark, with those stats I'd be strongly inclined to build a Totemist 2/Stalwart Battle Sorcerer X/Soulcaster 10.  Incarnum and, especially, Totemist remove much of the concern about WBL, while Stalwart Battle Sorcerer allows a really strong gish foundation with proper spell selection.  Your stats are strong enough to allow you to excel as a gish.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »
i have been thinking about a gish style build.  i am just trying to decide if i want a DP Gish or a more typical gish build.  i know that you can get domains added to either sorcerer or wizard in a few ways.  i did not know that using dragonwrought allowed for venerable age not having any penalty to physical stats. 

i was thinking something possible along these lines
Stalwart Sorcerer 6/ Human Paragon 3/ Abjurant Champion 5 / xxx 1 with war domain at 5th level of sorcerer or drop a level of sorcerer for a seond level of a prc

Ron

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
Fluffwise, Azurin are also characterized as "live fast and die young"

If you want to *gish*incarnum may not be the best choice, but incarnum is as people have said, great for low wealth campaigns.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »

If you want to *gish*incarnum may not be the best choice, but incarnum is as people have said, great for low wealth campaigns.

i kind of like that i will need to get a hold of magic incarnum and look into it.  i know factotems are the ultimate skill monkeys but dont know much about the book

ron

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »

i kind of like that i will need to get a hold of magic incarnum and look into it.  i know factotems are the ultimate skill monkeys but dont know much about the book

ron
Factotums have nothing at all to do with Magic of Incarnum.
Incarnates do get a good variety of skill-boosting soulmelds, though.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2009, 03:15:35 PM »

ron
Factotums have nothing at all to do with Magic of Incarnum.
Incarnates do get a good variety of skill-boosting soulmelds, though.

ahh i think i got it mixed up with drungeonscape in my head away from books for a few minutes anyway thank you for that

ron

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »
Ok, running with my previous idea of a list-abusing spontaneous druid (I think I had a thread on this once, and may carry out the idea now that Dragon Wild Shape's info is posted again on the druid guide for reference), pick up True Believer and a Tome of Ancient Lore.  Be sure you have a means of preparing spells.  Now you can learn every arcane spell ever (which is all of them) from the Tome.  Take the Lightbringer sovereign archetype as a Dragonwrought Kobold, adding the Cleric and Sor/Wiz spell lists, and Turn Undead.  It also adds a couple domains IIRC.  You'll get a second source of Turning as a Wild Reaper at level 12, and optionally a 3rd from Planar Touchstone if you choose a domain that grants it as a domain power.  Be sure to pick up VoP and prereq's, and also DMM : Persistent Spell.  Now all those dragon forms from Dragon Wild Shape will have a poison attack, allowing for venomfire.  Last but not least, you'll have full 20/20 casting, 6 spell slots per level, action abuse as a sorc, and access to one of the best wild shape buffs ever : Giant Size.  Combined with your dragon form and Divine Power, you'll have BAB=Character Level and Colossal size.  A lot of traits for a dragon (speed, IIRC breath weapon to a degree, natural attacks) are based on the size of the dragon, so it's one hell of a buff.  That would also allow you to put those high stats in Wis, Cha, and Int, with a free +3 to each.  The druid, cranked up to 11 :)
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »
One of my favorite gish build uses Archivist and Ordained Champion. Just take those and then First of Raziel/Knight of the Raven/Any other Divine Gish PRC. Or Cloistered Cleric instead of Archivist, depends on how many spell lists you want access too - it lessens the MAD some.

Too bad Hammer of Moradin is campaign specific, had a cool idea until I realized that.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:01 AM »
One of my favorite gish build uses Archivist and Ordained Champion. Just take those and then First of Raziel/Knight of the Raven/Any other Divine Gish PRC. Or Cloistered Cleric instead of Archivist, depends on how many spell lists you want access too - it lessens the MAD some.

Too bad Hammer of Moradin is campaign specific, had a cool idea until I realized that.

can you list the books for the prcs you listed just to make it a bit easier for me to search threw the boxed catalog of 3.5 books i own

ron

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:56 AM »

can you list the books for the prcs you listed just to make it a bit easier for me to search threw the boxed catalog of 3.5 books i own

ron

This help?

deuxhero

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 01:30:11 AM »
Chameleon needs 8 ranks of Bluff and Disguise, and 4 ranks of Sense Motive and Spellcraft. Make sure your Cleric levels include the Trickery domain, and you're set.
Chameleon also requires Able Learner -- which is human and doppelganger only.

And changeling (MM3 isn't Eberron)

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 08:24:11 PM »
Chameleon needs 8 ranks of Bluff and Disguise, and 4 ranks of Sense Motive and Spellcraft. Make sure your Cleric levels include the Trickery domain, and you're set.
Chameleon also requires Able Learner -- which is human and doppelganger only.

And changeling (MM3 isn't Eberron)

true and yes the link did help thank you