Author Topic: Heatfire Fanner + Mythic Exemplar.  (Read 6044 times)

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
Heatfire Fanner + Mythic Exemplar.
« on: December 22, 2009, 09:35:16 AM »
We'll be using Reikhardt, of course.

The plan is X4/Mytic exemplar3/Heartfire Fanner 5/Mythic Exemplar+7/Y1

If i'm reading this right, this gives us IC as a Bard 9 at level 8, and a bard20 at Level 19.

The fun part is what to use for X.  1 level of sorceror is a no-brainer (and for a really silly game, Cheesewrought Kobold with Loredrake)  But what about the other three levels.  Either Marshal or Dragon Shaman is needed to get into ME, and I'm honestly thinking of a crazy fire themed build with Paladin (Harmonious Knight) to pick up dragonfire inspiration early.

Hmn....

The Burning Battlesinger

LG Silverbrow Human (ignoring Kobold cheese for now)

Dragon Shaman1/Sorceror1/Marshal2/Mythic Exemplar10/Heartfire Fanner5/?1

DS Auras (Vigor, Senses, Energy Shield)
Marshall Auras: (Motivate Dexterity, Resilient Troops, Force of Will)

H) Negotiator
1) Skill focus: Perform
3) Draconic Aura: Power
6) Practiced Spellcaster
9) Song of the Heart
12) Dragonfire Inspiration
15) Extra Music
18)

By level 10, this gives +2 Caster level checks, CHA+1 to Initiative, and Will Saves (after round1), +1 to ref/fort saves to all allies.

By level 20, that goes up to +4 CL checks and CHA+1 to Fort saves.

And then there's the glorious glorious bardic music.

There's also casting, but do we care?

Arz

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Heatfire Fanner + Mythic Exemplar.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
Marshal/Dragon shaman lvls not required since Draconic aura fulfills the (ex) aura requirement. Debatable whether you can gain +aura lvls to classes you haven't taken tho.

2 lvls of bard would get your inspire lvl to breakpoint 12 and 1st lvl bard spells.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:34:45 PM »
I advise against taking actual bard levels as they'll actually lower the IC you get with HFF. I'd personally go Marshal 1/Sorcerer 3, but that's just my personal preference for additional casting. If spells are a secondary considerations, DrS and/or Marshal seem fine.
Get SF(Perform) from the Heward's Hall magic location instead. Try asking the DM if he'll let your bonus feat from Marshal be Negotiator instead of SF(Diplo). Consider squeezing in Words of Creation for double IC bonus. The works.

Is this build by chance for a PbP game on MW? There's someone applying with a HFF/ME build for a game I'm also applying for (with a Binder) over there, with the same avatar as you. :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:37:36 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 06:04:20 PM »
I advise against taking actual bard levels as they'll actually lower the IC you get with HFF.

yep, tahts why there are no bard levels

I'd personally go Marshal 1/Sorcerer 3, but that's just my personal preference for additional casting. If spells are a secondary considerations, DrS and/or Marshal seem fine.
Get SF(Perform) from the Heward's Hall magic location instead. Try asking the DM if he'll let your bonus feat from Marshal be Negotiator instead of SF(Diplo). Consider squeezing in Words of Creation for double IC bonus. The works.

Is this build by chance for a PbP game on MW? There's someone applying with a HFF/ME build for a game I'm also applying for (with a Binder) over there, with the same avatar as you. :D

Yep, that's me.

I'm trying not to be too horribly cheesy.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 06:28:24 PM »
Heward's Hall should be okay even with the warning against 'hunting out cheese', since it's essentially 5k gp for a crappy feat that you need as a prerequisite. Words of Creation probably wouldn't fly, though.
Is there a way to get some Bard spells onto the Sorcerer list?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »
Heward's Hall should be okay even with the warning against 'hunting out cheese', since it's essentially 5k gp for a crappy feat that you need as a prerequisite. Words of Creation probably wouldn't fly, though.

Yeah, there's a reason I never actually use WoC in games...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 06:47:57 PM »
Also, since the DM's apparently allowing one flaw, consider moving one feat (Draconic Aura maybe?) forward so you can start with DFI. ;)

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »
Also, since the DM's apparently allowing one flaw, consider moving one feat (Draconic Aura maybe?) forward so you can start with DFI. ;)

DFI requires bardic music.  I can't get bardic music until level 7 unless I blow two feats on that cityscape skill boost, which lets me get it at 6.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 07:11:12 PM »

DFI requires bardic music.  I can't get bardic music until level 7 unless I blow two feats on that cityscape skill boost, which lets me get it at 6.
Drat, you're right. Then how about Draconic Heritage or something to make the damage type on DFI cooler when it does come around? Looks pretty good other than that.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 08:02:57 PM »
A problem I see is that the IC granted by Reikhardt is usable only once per day...
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »
A problem I see is that the IC granted by Reikhardt is usable only once per day...
No problem. He then gains music as a normal Bard with HFF, causing the ME levels to stack instead of providing their own music.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
Ah, I fell for the 'ole non-native-lost-in-translation-thingie and didn't see the correct wording.
I thought the HFF levels would stack with the ME levels when you used the ME ability, but it's the other way around. Well then :D

I can't help but think of Unfettered Heroism + Dragonmark Aura here, but that requires some shennanigans (only shennanigan-lite though) aswell as Eberron material. But there's no room for it here, not as far as I can see at least. Just pointing it out if someone can bodge it into the mix.

That's probably since I'm currently trapped in trying to find out what shennanigans one can do with Persisted Unfettered Heroism apart from our resident black hatters tier -1 TO build.

A bit partial for greater dragonmarks + unlock dragonmark at the moment, but I'll stop now before I get of topic.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 11:45:24 PM »

Drat, you're right. Then how about Draconic Heritage or something to make the damage type on DFI cooler when it does come around? Looks pretty good other than that.

I'm a heartfire fanner, and want to stay with the whole fire theme.

Heck if i could spare the feats, i woudl totally go for the Phoenix Belt + set yourself on fire for fast healing combo.

A heartfire fanner would *so* actually do that.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 12:19:33 AM »
Maybe words of creation could be a good addition to this build?

DavidWL

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 05:00:55 PM »

The classic way would be to snag 1 level of prestige bard.  Would it stack with heartfire fanner if you take it after?  I don't think so ...

Hmm.

Best,
David
Some Cool Quotes:  [spoiler]
Quote from: unknown
Non-PC activities like out of combat healing should be left to wands and NPCs. It's not fun to play a walking wand of CLW. Likewise, being a combat wall is not a viable PC role. A Wall of Force could do that.

-Sort of, but you left out the important note that a Wall of Force does it better.

Quote from: Runestar / skydragonknight
The most powerful character is the one that you actually get to play.

Quote from: Operation Shoestring
[/spoiler]
DavidWL's Random Build Archive

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 05:20:27 PM »

The classic way would be to snag 1 level of prestige bard.  Would it stack with heartfire fanner if you take it after?  I don't think so ...

Hmm.

Best,
David

Hmn, wasn;t tehere a spell.  Spell sequence ror spell matrix or something that would let me cast spells into it and save them for later use as a single action... maybe I could *wand* Inspirational Boost and Harmonize into that?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
Speaking of Wands, Silverbrow Human means you can take Dragonblood Sorcerer sub levels. This gets UMD onto your skill list. To keep it on the list, you could take Able Learner with the feat from the flaw we're allowed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 05:31:22 PM by Agita »

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »
Speaking of Wands, Silverbrow Human means you can take Dragonblood Sorcerer sub levels. This gets UMD onto your skill list. To keep it on the list, you could take Able Learner with the feat from the flaw we're allowed.

Hmn, yeah that sounds like a plan.

DavidWL

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »

Hmm.

Best,
David

Hmn, wasn;t tehere a spell.  Spell sequence ror spell matrix or something that would let me cast spells into it and save them for later use as a single action... maybe I could *wand* Inspirational Boost and Harmonize into that?

Spell Matrix.  There is also my new favorite, "Arcane Staff" from Dragonlance, towers of high sorcery.

Best
David
Some Cool Quotes:  [spoiler]
Quote from: unknown
Non-PC activities like out of combat healing should be left to wands and NPCs. It's not fun to play a walking wand of CLW. Likewise, being a combat wall is not a viable PC role. A Wall of Force could do that.

-Sort of, but you left out the important note that a Wall of Force does it better.

Quote from: Runestar / skydragonknight
The most powerful character is the one that you actually get to play.

Quote from: Operation Shoestring
[/spoiler]
DavidWL's Random Build Archive

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »
eh, i'll eternal wand Inspirational boost, and try to get harmonize as a magic item.

Final build plan is Marshall3/Sorceror1/Mythic Exemplar10/Heartfire Fanner5/Evangelist1.

Can anyone suggest what sorcerer spells to get?