Author Topic: Knowledge Devotion on Spell damage?  (Read 5086 times)

feyanor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Knowledge Devotion on Spell damage?
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:19:56 AM »
Hi,
I couldnt find anything decisive on the subject, so the question.
Does the damage Bonus of Knowledge Devotion apply to spell damage of any kind?
The wording says damage rolls, but the feat description just sounds so similar to bardic music which specificly not allows it...

Thanks for your Answers :)

Runestar

• King Kong
Re: Knowledge Devotion on Spell damage?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 07:16:37 AM »
Seems like it would work with spells as well, even those without attack rolls like magic missile.

I suppose for sanity's sake you will want to limit it to the final damage, not per damage dice. So a fireball might deal 10d6+4, not 10d6+40.  :p

Good lord - did I just type that? I must be spending too much time at enworld... :o
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

feyanor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:40:24 AM »
Seriously, whichever DM gives this Bonus on every die, should be hanged by his toes, till is braine's got enough blood to work again :D

And thanks for your Input =)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
I have applied it to spells both as a DM and as a player.  Certainly not to each die though hehe.

But yeah I see no problem with applying it to spells.  It would help a little but not break anything.
Placeholder - T'tosc

feyanor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »
Ok,
Now a Player in my grp wants to play a duskblade with knowledge devotion... Lets assume she is using arcane channeling. Then she would get the bonus damage on both the damage roll of the weapon and the damage roll of the spell right?

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 12:03:18 PM »
I would only apply it once myself.  I would apply it to "the attack" which just happens in this case to be weapon +plus channeled power.

If there were multiple instances of attack, ie itteratives or multiple rays from a spell, I would apply it to each instance.
Placeholder - T'tosc

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »
The value from knowledge devotion isn't the bonus to damage but rather the bonus to attack rolls. The +1 to +5 bonus is really nice for power attacking-arcane striking-wraithstriking gishes and duskblades who want to max out power attack or ray mages who have poor BAB.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
The value from knowledge devotion isn't the bonus to damage but rather the bonus to attack rolls. The +1 to +5 bonus is really nice for power attacking-arcane striking-wraithstriking gishes and duskblades who want to max out power attack or ray mages who have poor BAB.
+1
Placeholder - T'tosc

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 03:20:01 PM »
Nthed, apply it once for each attack roll sounds about right.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."