Author Topic: 7 free level adjustments, 6 hit die. Make it crazy people.  (Read 4942 times)

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
Re: 7 free level adjustments, 6 hit die. Make it crazy people.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 09:39:17 AM »
You know what would be hilarious? Start with the Lumi (MM3) and add the multiheaded template with Lernaean variant (SS, p.126). You'll be an outsider with 4HD/6LA, and the only way to damage you is to sever your heads...
Then play a spell caster and abuse ocular spell becuase the eye ray come from your head and "If the base creature has a breath weapon, the extra heads also have breath weapons. All weapons activate on the same round but can aim in different directions. This rule also applies if the base creature has a spit, spray, ray, or cone attack, so long as that attack comes
from the head."
It is like twin spell but better.

EYELAZERS OF DOOM.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 03:57:22 AM »
Snip.

Why are all you people like this?

The only thing this post is going to accomplish is make everyone go OMFG COOL and wonder WTF that is and how to find it... It came to the point I do it just to annoy people wh annoy me this way.

Spell warped: MM3
Lolthtouched: MM4
Dark: Tome of Magic
Karsite: Tome of Magic
Sulk: Fiend Folio

D-End

Sorry for not citing my sources. It's an on and off habit I have, depending on how much effort I'm putting into the rest of the post. A lot of people are really bad about it, only a few are really good about citing things (Although they often cite them with abbreviations that don't always make sense to someone who isn't already well-versed in the material).

The Skulk I referred to is in Races of Destiny. There's even a 3 level racial class for it if you like, although be careful of the numbers not matching up with the original racial adjustments (The racial class gets like +12 to hide but the race actually gets +15, something you'll want to be sure to point out to your DM)

The Force Golem, a rather awesome little construct imo, is in Monster Manual 5 (Often abbreviated to MM5 or MMV)

Also in Monster Manual 5 is the Shaedling, an unusual Fey with a unique item creation ability (And some disgusting nipples) that a smart DM won't allow RAW
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
The Force Golem, a rather awesome little construct imo, is in Monster Manual 5 (Often abbreviated to MM5 or MMV)

Also in Monster Manual 5 is the Shaedling, an unusual Fey with a unique item creation ability (And some disgusting nipples) that a smart DM won't allow RAW

I haven't seen them mentionned in this thrad, I'll go check em out.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 02:06:04 PM »
You know what would be hilarious? Start with the Lumi (MM3) and add the multiheaded template with Lernaean variant (SS, p.126). You'll be an outsider with 4HD/6LA, and the only way to damage you is to sever your heads...
Then play a spell caster and abuse ocular spell becuase the eye ray come from your head and "If the base creature has a breath weapon, the extra heads also have breath weapons. All weapons activate on the same round but can aim in different directions. This rule also applies if the base creature has a spit, spray, ray, or cone attack, so long as that attack comes
from the head."
That reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir8Wf7b8vbQ
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »
Multiheaded +1 sharn would get you an additional head as well as the multiplying breath weapons/rays clause.

So you'd have 4x ocular spell rays.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Aliment

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Illithid Zombies
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 07:49:01 PM »
Red Ethergaunt: 5HD/7LA = 9th level wiz + immunity to arcane spells
Lolth Touched Mineral Half Minotaur 3 Headed Thri Kreen: 6HD/7LA = Long Name + 4 Arms + Large Size + 8 Natural Attacks + 3 Heads + Damage Reduction +Big Strength
Rackshasa: 7HD/7LA = 7th level sorc
Mineral 2 Headed Goliath Were-deinonychus:  6HD/6LA = 2 Headed Velociraptors made out of Stone, 'nuff said.
True Sign of Player Paranoia:
Player:"I look out of the keep"
DM:"There are no visible armies"
Player:"Aw crap theres an Invisible army!"

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 11:35:47 PM »
from the head."

EYELAZERS OF DOOM.
magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (such as from inflict spells or chill touch).
Epic race is epic :D
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 01:08:55 AM »
Yeah, I think only disintigrate can actually take you out.  Make yourself immune to that and you're immortal... though with all those HD and LA, in a normal game you couldn't do all that much.

JaronK

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 01:13:48 AM »
How about umm...

Things that don't kill you but don't let u live, like petrification or having ur soul sucked out...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 01:27:50 AM »
Yeah, I think only disintigrate can actually take you out.  Make yourself immune to that and you're immortal... though with all those HD and LA, in a normal game you couldn't do all that much.

JaronK
Well, except for experienced teachers...
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.