Author Topic: Kill Zone ?  (Read 2494 times)

Hinthas

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Kill Zone ?
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:15:28 AM »
Has anyone done any Kill Zone (the videogame) conversions or know a board where they might be ??

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Doug
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Kill Zone ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:38:40 AM »
dandwiki.com haa few of the weapons statted out in the modern homebrew campaign sectiion... I am trying to stat out the Helghan soldier as a possible race class http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Killzone_%28D20_Modern_Campaign_Setting%29  its a work in progress and if you have anything maybe add to it
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:45:45 PM by AnimeSniper »

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:49:19 PM »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 04:07:05 AM »
Thanks alot !! Didn't even think of Wizards. I never go there anymore.
I am the thing that goes bump in the night and then I'll go, "F**k, that was my toe!"

Founder of the Rackhirean Social Club. Abusing and Terrifying players for  years and ourselves in the off season.

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »
Thanks alot !! Didn't even think of Wizards. I never go there anymore.

Not a Problem.... I still troop back there to see whats been posted/updated and I copy/paste what I like/interests me into word docfor saving and future use... I seriously would like to run a Killzone campaign myself with my group which is why I started compilation of the weapons from the killzone website and those that I reposted here saved me a little time

Next I should probably compile the vehicles into word doc and then work on my Helghan NPC template a little more... below is a copy/paste of my Helghan template

Helghast Soldier {Human Template}
Race Class: Sub-Human Type
Size: Medium and Semi-Large
AC: +5 additional to the normal.
Speed: As character speed.
Special Attacks: Unarmed strike deals 1d4 lethal damage rather than the normal amount.
Abilities: Creature gains+4 Strength, Dexterity and +2 Intelligence or Wisdom and -4 Charisma score and -6 Constitution score when void of the special Helghan Rebreather Units.
Physical Appearance: Male Helghast appear completely bald with pasty white complexions and no body hair. Each Helghan also suffers from light aversion as their eyes are extremely sensitive to normal light spectrums when void of their special red colored goggles and visors.
Organizations: Helghast Command Hierarchy.
Challenge Rating: +7
Alignment: Any Evil
Advancement: As Character Class
Level Adjustment:  +7
Special: Able to use Helghast Armor, Weaponry, and Rebreather units along with ISA weaponry.
Equipment List:
Helghast Armor:  Depending on the Helghast Soldiers chosen place in the Helghan Army and in the service of Scolar Visari.
Helghan Armor Types:
1.   Light Assault Armor:
2.   Medium Assault Armor:
3.   Heavy Assault Armor:
Helghan Weapons:
1.   Assault Rifle w/ SS Shotgun: 50rnd caseless, rear drum magazine with a single shot 12gauge shotgun underneath.
2.   SMP:
3.   LMG:
4.   Sniper Rifle: 6rnd caseless rear magazine
5.   Rocket Launcher:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 04:40:48 PM by AnimeSniper »

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 03:00:45 AM »
You do the same thing I do. ;)

For what its worth, enjoy.
http://www.massiveblack.com/MBwebolution/projects/KillZone2/

Later,
Doug

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 04:07:00 AM »
So Hinthas what do you think so far of my NPC Helghan/Helghast template... Just wondering

Hinthas

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 05:11:35 AM »
I think your template looks awesome. I unfortunately have never played any of the Kill Zone games and was hooked on its Sexiness from a Kill Zone 2 trailer I've seen.

Lonewolf the Hunter

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »
Never played either but, have to borrow those weapon stats for my own use.

The Helgast tmplate looks pretty balanced to me, but I'm not sure about the CR and LA, I think they may actually be to high, I think, (I will have to consult my manuals here) that a +5 natural armor is only worth LA: +2 (I tend to ignore LA's for Natural Armor bonuses of 5 or less personally), and +1 for the good str or Dex bonuses,
and I think the fact they need the Darth Vader helmets to function, away form their home world should be, worth at least a -1 to the LA, the fact that they basiclly get combat martial arts for free is pretty much a non-issue, unless you plan on allowing them to take later feats in that tree without takeing CM, simply because they do 1d4 lethal when they punch someone.   
"No Plan ever survives contact with the enemy"
a bunch of generals and military historians

I like hiring Giff, they don't mind being paid in uzis.