Author Topic: OOC Discussion - Group B  (Read 8996 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
OOC Discussion - Group B
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »
This thread is for general discussion and questions related to the Group B campaign. Use this thread for collaboration, tactics in combat, or to ask the DM questions about the world or plot. Anything directly related to your character should be posted in the Character Planning thread.

Group B:
Bowen
bears
Flay
TML
Chemus
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:44:28 PM by VennDygrem »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: OOC Discussion - Group B
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »
So, anyone else have Xen'drik featuring in their background? :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
Camlen has traveled extensively in the company of a 'diplomat' he was sort of apprenticed to. Perhaps he's been to Xen'drik, if there are societies there with anything his old master's people are interested in.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 06:33:23 PM »
Nope.  I've been too busy dealing with the evil psychic rock in my backyard.

I hope none of you guys have psychic rocks.  :ninja
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 07:21:13 PM »
Camlen has traveled extensively in the company of a 'diplomat' he was sort of apprenticed to. Perhaps he's been to Xen'drik, if there are societies there with anything his old master's people are interested in.

Xen'drik doesn't really have anything in the way of 'society'. It's mainly wild, untamed jungles, filled with ruins and dangerous monsters. It is here where magic and the secrets of the Warforged are thought to originate, as many of the remains and ruins of the ancient Giant empire remain hidden within the continent, and it is also here where the Drow inhabit, worshipping their scorpion god, Vulkoor. (Though, not all drow worship Vulkoor- two other tribes are known to exist- the Sulatar and the Umbragen) Not all drow are evil, though they are usually ruthless due to the harsh environment and focus on survival.

The closest thing that comes to society is the port city of Stormreach, and that's hardly high society. It's full of merchants and brigands, as befits such a port.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
As a spy diplomat, Camlen's master may, possibly, have had reason to 'talk' to people in Stromreach or to the Drow...

I'm really looking to have Camlen be quite well-traveled. Not deeply versed in every aspect of an area, but having passing knowledge of what might be there. His investigative powers, knowledges, and curiosity are part of his base personality.
Camlen, Enniwey

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »
Luckily Stormreach is a terrific place for spies diplomats to visit :D
There's plenty of intrigue, and of course merchants come and go. The Twelve dragonmarked houses also have a solid presence in Stormreach.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »
I don't have UMD but I do have a single cleric level, so that opens up all of those wands. (I only need access to the spell list right? not the spell slot?)

In fact, I can cover almost all healing. With the paladin fix I'm using, along with my special artifact powers, I can heal out the butt.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »
I have a +11 to UMD.  Should be enough for out of combat, at least.
Planetouched Handbook

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
I can make a DC 25 UMD consistently. I was thinking of the Minor Schema of Vigor for daily freebie healing. Would you rather I not try to afford it? Or mass lesser vigor instead? (2 targets, FH 1, 15 rds.)
Camlen, Enniwey

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »
Lay on Hands gives me about 150hp worth of healing every day. We don't need to focus too much on that.

Should I bother with the paladin spell list? I'm only going to have about 5 levels in it, so there isn't much use in it other then UMD. I could swap that out for a single feat. How do you guys feel about that?

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unseelie Fae
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »

In fact, I can cover almost all healing. With the paladin fix I'm using, along with my special artifact powers, I can heal out the butt.

How very...graphic of you... :twitch

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »

How very...graphic of you... :twitch
Pfft. I've been in a game where one PC had a prehensile healing tongue. It even creeped him out.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 12:40:27 AM »
So, given that I'm a mechanical-looking human, what are the odds I'll keep getting mistaken for a Renegade Mastermaker?
Planetouched Handbook

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 03:30:03 AM »
The odds are good, but then the goods are odd...wait...

Anyway, since your character will be wanting to steal (SLA's) from mine, I suggest a healthy mistrust between our two char's TML. You demonstrate that you can take my ability to change form, and I'll get all huffy. Either that or we are friends who've met before on my travels, and now we're working together, so I'm happy to lend power without really questioning too much what you're doing. How do you want to play it?
Camlen, Enniwey

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 03:38:16 AM »
It's not stealing so much as borrowing, really.

You seem to be a pretty good tracker/scout.  How about you've got a long term contract from Orien to help me out with finding a new homeland?  

Or, if that's too me-centric, I suppose we could have met in a tavern*, and ended up competing in an impersonation competition.  Me with my "copy abilities", and you with your "copy faces".

*Just to get that out of the wya
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:50:09 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 03:54:11 AM »
So, given that I'm a mechanical-looking human, what are the odds I'll keep getting mistaken for a Renegade Mastermaker?

Renegade Mastermakers aren't common, and thus aren't common knowledge. Most common folk may have heard rumors, and those who've traveled more may have encountered one or heard more tales of them. These people may confuse you with one, though the more your artifact progresses you may find yourself treated more like a warforged or other construct than particularly as a mastermaker.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 04:05:49 AM »
Though he has very little in the way of survival capabilities, finding information is what Camlen does. The contract idea could work. I'm rather well traveled...

You said your character hails from Xen'Drik Bowen? And Bears, where are you from? (Hafta get Flay in here sometime...)
Camlen, Enniwey

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 04:17:53 AM »
Wait a second...

Is my artifact SCP-217?
Planetouched Handbook

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 04:34:33 AM »
Wait a second...

Is my artifact SCP-217?

I'm not familiar with that site. The effects seem remarkably similar, though you're already part mechanical as it is. :D