Author Topic: Permanent Manifestations  (Read 8212 times)

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Re: Permanent Manifestations
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 03:03:54 AM »
Ew thread necroz. A silly thread deserves a silly responce!

Hey ankle. Your typo 'Shal' and sig annoy me (actually I'm not breathing manually, yes that means now). Thought I'd share. You know, in the spirit of the thread.

Hint: using 9th level manifesting is cheating... almost as bad as 9th level casting.
huh, could have sworn I hit the "L" button twice. stupid shite keyboard.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Dragonamedrake

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »
Is there a way you could persist or use incarnate on Fusion (8th lvl Egoist power)

are you a necromancer? cause you totally just cast raise thread.

Hey ankle. Your typo 'Shal' and sig annoy me (actually I'm not breathing manually, yes that means now). Thought I'd share. You know, in the spirit of the thread.

Hint: using 9th level manifesting is cheating... almost as bad as 9th level casting.

huh, could have sworn I hit the "L" button twice. stupid shite keyboard.

So in otherwords you guys dont know... got it. I a simple "No clue bud" would have worked. And yes instead of adding another thread asking a question that pertained to very question asked in this thread I used this one... how is that an issue?

Anyways Im trying to create a character but it Hinges on Fusion so It would be nice if I could somehow get this persistant. As I understand it my ML would have to be around lvl 27 to persist which seems to be a little out of reach from what I have read. Im sure there is a work around though Im just not seeing it and I need the help of someone with a few more ranks in Knowledge: Psionics hehe.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 02:43:16 AM »
Cast Linked Fusions when combat starts. You won't get it all day but the second round of combat you'll have it casted as a free action that didn't cost the XP.

Or have a recharge method and just cast it every 30 minutes.

keyes2k4

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 01:51:02 AM »
I'm thoroughly convinced that your solution lies with making your character a warforged metamind with temporal reiteration that has kept its font of power active for 100 years, while maintaining its body with its own psionic abilities.

Using temporal reiteration for free font of power time seems pretty cheap.  I mean think of the applications to any time power.  Use it with temporal acceleration to have infinite timestop (only while warforged).  Use it with fusion to infinitely be fused with and in control of your cohort, doubling your HP/PP/etc (say you are a warforged fused with an elan, you're nigh invincible).  Do you even need to sleep if you're a fused warforged/something else? Effectively all of your powers are affected by permanency so long as you don't use more than 10 swift actions using temporal reiteration.  Although it seems completely legal RAW, it is still cheap as hell, but isn't that why metamind is a 10 level prestige class for psions that only has 5 +1 to manifester levels in it?

You could probably also have 1 copy of yourself running around by using fission.  They too could have their font on indefinitely so long as they don't need to sleep or rest.  That would nearly double your damage as a character(s).  Now imagine if you and your cohort were both metaminds with fission and reiteration, you'd have 4 characters, and would effectively be a 4 person party all by yourself.

What the hell was WotC thinking when they wrote reiteration, so much that I completely want to try playing a char with it.

keyes2k4

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 02:20:17 AM »
Oh god, I just had a sick mindf*cking thought!  Fission to make a copy you and Fusion to absorb yourself.  It isn't the prettiest piece of TO, but its a sick thought.  A half-you half copy you.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 02:54:35 AM »
Oh god, I just had a sick mindf*cking thought!  Fission to make a copy you and Fusion to absorb yourself.  It isn't the prettiest piece of TO, but its a sick thought.  A half-you half copy you.

Fusion (and/or Fission) specifically says you cannot do that.

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 08:08:46 AM »
What the hell was WotC thinking when they wrote reiteration, so much that I completely want to try playing a char with it.

Something they aren't sharing, seems everyone who wrote that book was really high when they did.

Are there any other powers not listed in the XPH that can be effected by incarnate? Such as the complete psionics powers?

keyes2k4

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »
Fusion (and/or Fission) specifically says you cannot do that.

I missed that line in my quick read-through.  Its a shame, really, because using fission with a copy of yourself is totally an egoist thing to do.

As for powers not in the XPH that you want to incarnate.  Two options: ask the DM how much he would charge you to incarnate x power onto yourself permanently, or simply use the powers they have listed and take the highest xp value possible for whatever power you are incarnating on yourself (I.E. 2,000 xp, min manifester level 15).  Also note that incarnate isn't like permanency in that it only seems to affect powers that one would manifest on one's self.