Author Topic: Summoning Gestalt Druid  (Read 2150 times)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Summoning Gestalt Druid
« on: December 08, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »
Gestalt 6. Assume all Official WotC is fair game. No more then 2 base classes.

I like the idea of Dragonfire Inspiration on my summons, so I was thinking the boring Bard 6//Druid 6. I really don't know where this build can go...

Now, as far as summoning feats go, we have Greenbound, Ashbound, Augment, and (kinda) Icebeast.

Greenbound is great but then by DI won't work, will it? And isn't there some way to get SNA as a standard action?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:59:10 PM by bearsarebrown »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Summoning Gestalt Druid
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
invisible spell.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:14 PM »
As much as I love the trick I don't want to feel like a dick to the DM.

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:56:56 PM »
Don't really think that would work...

Inspire Courage (Su): (...) is a mind-affecting ability.

Well, Rashemi Elemental Summoning would be your next step.

I really like Augment Elemental, but that's up to you, and notice that Ashbound hates arcane magic, you'd better think in a really good explanation for that...

EDIT: But then again, you could just get Green Ear XD
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:02:30 PM by Hitoshura »

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »
I just noticed, the DI bonus damage isn't typed. It just says as much as your IC would be. DI itself isn't mind affecting, I think it would still give bonus damage.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 10:52:41 PM »
Green Ear
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
don't know if this will fit or not, but:
Warrior Skald (RoF) lets you spend 3 uses of bardic music to let all allies within (IIRC) 30' rage (pretty cool when you're summoning a mess of them).
just part of my 2cp.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 03:29:28 AM »
Half-Orc Druid sub levels?  The level 6 ability *stacks* with Augment Summoning.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 05:17:49 AM »
Half-Orc Druid sub levels?  The level 6 ability *stacks* with Augment Summoning.
actually, this is incorrect: pg.160 of RoD specifically and explicitly states that it doesn't stack.
on the plus-side, it's still a free feat; and it lets you bypass taking the prerequisite feat  :birthday

sorry to be a party-pooper  :shrug
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:34:58 AM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 02:32:55 AM »
Rashemi Elemental Summoning is awesome, though Conjure Ice Beast does diminish the benefit of the Thommil's Engulf ability, though not entirely (engulf some foes, earth glide down into the ground... they go with the elemental and never come back...)

But each summoning of an Orglash gives you 3 castings of Cone of Cold (at their HD for CL) for "free."  Summon several of them, have them whirlwind and trap some foes, and then cone of cold each other (and the foes within them).  One fifth level spell can get you three 8th-caster-level Cones of Cold; one sixth level spell gets you three 16th level Cones of Cold.

Sure, it's somewhat situational, and it's "blasting," which we all know tends to be sub-par, but you're actually getting a decent return on your spell slot investment (45d6 damage over 3 rounds for a 6th level spell, save for half), and two rounds' worth of casting it were "free" actions on your part.

And remember that Thommil can be added to things like a Thoqqua, which also does fire damage. I was always so sad there was no way to summon the paraelementals from the MotP (a Magma Thommil would have been HOT!)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 07:07:12 AM »
A Thromil Elemental Monolith is REALLY scary, Reflex DC 44 or Engulf is so good its funny

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 06:44:06 PM »
Perhaps go Shifter for Moonspeaker access?  Even more summoning options there.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.