Author Topic: Any Good LA+0 templates?  (Read 23533 times)

xeno121

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Any Good LA+0 templates?
« on: December 06, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »
I'm looking for good LA+0 templates if they exist.
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
Re: Any Good LA+0 templates?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
Magic Blooded(or was it magic in the blood?)

-2 wis
+2 Cha

Great for Lesser Assimar CHA casters

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
Unseelie Fey, of course. -2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha, a bunch of cool abilities, +0 LA.
As (I think) TML once said, it's like parmesan - cheese that goes on anything!
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:10:47 PM »
Unseelie Fey, of course. -2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha, a bunch of cool abilities, +0 LA.
I maintain that that was a printing error. :mad Even as an LA - template it's still pretty weird (random chance of getting wings and blindsense? huh?)
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:11:54 PM »
I maintain that that was a printing error. :mad
A hilarious one, though. For us min-maxers, anyway.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 09:19:19 PM »
Dragonborn

+2 con, -2 dex, choice of wings, breath weapon, or eventually tremorsense

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 09:21:58 PM »
Dragonborn

+2 con, -2 dex, choice of wings, breath weapon, or eventually tremorsense
Also dragonblood subtype, which qualifies you for some cool stuff. You do lose most of your original race's stuff though, so make sure it's the first template you apply.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
Primordial Giant
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

HCL

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »
Hellbred may or may not be a template, it is unclear as to how it is supposed to be added on to a character whether it is a new race they are reincarnated as or it is added on in addition to old traits. Run it by your DM, Fiendish codex II

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »
A LA+2 template on a warforged and incarnate construct.

Or vice versa

The other LA+0 racial variants in dragon 306 are somewhat situational.

Wilderness dwellers gets +1 skill point per level (doesn't stack with human), has some skill bonuses/penalties, gets a tiny speed boost, and +2 str, -2 int&cha. 

Desert-dwellers get a tiny bonus to saves against fire effects, and a tiny penalty against cold effects (even though deserts get really cold at night.  Seriously WTF), a racial bonus on a couple of skills and create water 1/day

Ice-dwellers get a tiny bonus to saves against cold effects, tiny penalty against fire effects (at least it makes sense this time), a racial bonus to a couple of skills and ray of frost 1/day
More importantly, +2 con, -2 cha.  Pretty cool

Water-dwellers get a swim speed, can only breathe water (no air), replace current vision type with low light, have some racial bonuses and penalties to skills, and get a -1 to everything outside of water.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »

-2 wis
+2 Cha

Source?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »

-2 wis
+2 Cha

Source?
Dragon 306, like the others TML mentioned.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 12:04:24 AM »

Or vice versa
You mean -2, right?

Aquatic Creature from Stormwrack gives -2 Dex, swim speed, and the amphibious special quality for LA+0.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 12:38:01 AM »

Or vice versa
You mean -2, right?

I think he means "-2 from Incarnate Construct +2 from LA +2 template=LA+0"

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 01:30:10 AM »
Also dragonblood subtype, which qualifies you for some cool stuff. You do lose most of your original race's stuff though, so make sure it's the first template you apply.

Which is hard to do, since it's applied after birth (you turn into one).  Pesky.  But Dragonborn Kobolds are so awesome! 

JaronK

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 01:31:40 AM »

Which is hard to do, since it's applied after birth (you turn into one).  Pesky.  But Dragonborn Kobolds are so awesome! 

JaronK

Well, a lot of templates breed true.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

xeno121

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 02:00:47 AM »

JaronK

Is that ever covered if you can be born a well, "dragon born"
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 02:05:12 AM »

JaronK

Is that ever covered if you can be born a well, "dragon born"

In the section on Dragonborn they cover it, but I don't recall exactly one they say. I think it doesn't happen but people like making little eggs and putting babies in them.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 02:17:48 AM »
Indeed, Dragon Born as far as I can tell are not in fact capable of breeding true.  You have to become one.  They are "reborn" as a dragon, not born originally as one.

JaronK

Rooster

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 07:03:23 AM »
If you're allowed to use third party material, "Template Troves - Diseases, Parasites and Symbiotes" has two LA +0 'templates', which are actually symbiotic creatures that can technically get angry and leave. Which is probably how they lose their LA, but for the most part what they want is to 'see the world', so to speak. Which adventurers do in spades. :)

Sanguinous: Applies to humanoid or monstrous humanoid. Replaces your blood with living sentient liquid that does the blood thing for you. You gain: Immunity to bleed effects and you don't bleed when cut. No longer needs to breathe (the sanguinous creature oxygenates itself for you automatically). Use less food/water (starts starving at one week). +2 Str. Great Fortitude feat for free.

Spectator: Applies to humanoid or monstrous humanoid. Replaces your blood with eye-shaped dudes that are basically living sentient eyeballs. Of awesome. Gains: Telekinetic at will. Darkvision. Resistance to illusions. Lowlight vision. +2 Wis. Alertness feat for free. +4 on Search and Spot.

Silverthorne's done some interesting books, although I liked their Book of Templates Deluxe Edition best for actual player-use templates. Their three template trove books seem more useful for making unique monsters or unusual abilities.