Author Topic: Will Ribbit For Allies.  (Read 1170 times)

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
Will Ribbit For Allies.
« on: December 06, 2009, 04:25:13 AM »
In the course of designing a solo campaign for my girlfriend, I've decided a focus on lycanthropes and the goddess of the moon -- Aislinn. To save breath and avoid coming up with a solid reason why they just aren't "Fuck ya'll. We gonna kill some folk and leave.", the slaadi are manipulating lycans and appearing as clergy of Aislinn to cause chaos (because they can) and direct attention away from their worship changing to Naoise -- the Mad Goddess. The slaadi are probably being manipulated as well, seems the most logical way for that to happen being as I've never met a cunning frog -- Hypnotoad aside.

I'm trying to decide WHO would ally with the Slaadi. Neraphim, probably but those are mini-slaadi anyways, they only half-count. My overview of (chaotic) creatures was underwhelming -- the chaos beast was the only real ally I could imagine and then that would be more in an captured creature unleashed upon their enemies type way.

So, will ribbit for allies.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Will Ribbit For Allies.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »
Demons and Slaadi work well together. One just wants chaos and one want destructive chaos, win-win.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

Alea_Iacta_Est

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Unfortunate Writer
    • Laughing Jack Wilton
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »
The demons that work with the sladdi may even turn to the PC to make more chaos.
Seldom Affirm, Never Deny, Always Distinguish
My Gaming Blog, Reviews, and Design at: Laughing Jack Wilton
The Barely Legal Podcast: An AP Podcast From The Wednesday Night Gamers

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
Throw in some of the dream associated faeries, they're nutty enough to make things interesting, and are seasonal allies.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 10:35:19 PM »
Thank you for helping me figure this out. Now that little wrinkle has been ironed out, the plot has evolved and taken off quite nicely -- strange how something you're writing tends to just tell you what it's going to do instead of the other way around.