Author Topic: The Mystic Scout - Scout conversion with spellcasting à la Mystic Ranger [PEACH]  (Read 1025 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
I keep having problems with XP penalties with Swift Hunter builds, so I thought, the Ranger doesn't get so much the scout doesn't get, with the exception of the Mystic Ranger progression, which rocks a good deal more. Unfortunately you need a certain number of scout levels to take Swift Hunter, but then usually advance Ranger, which means unless Ranger is favoured class, you'll get XP-penalty. If there were a Mystic Scout I could advance Scout and get by with a teeny Ranger dip. I know I'm losing out on BAB, but that's usually better than taking XP-penalties.

The idea is that the Mystic ranger is strictly speaking an upgrade on the Ranger in many respects, so upgrading the scout doesn't pose too many problems.

So here I present to you, the Mystic Scout, in attached jpg form because I hate making tables on this forum. This is an alternate class progression for the Scout class from Complete Adventurer. Also, it's really NOT very original, because I'm basically just combining the Mystic Ranger stuff with the Scout class.

So tell me what you think, please.

[This is a repost from Min-max, where I got no replies. Anyway it belongs here, if anywhere.]