Author Topic: Increasing Object's Fly Speed?  (Read 1458 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Increasing Object's Fly Speed?
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:21:57 AM »
Anyone know of a spell that could be used on an item to make it fly faster? Like say you're on your magic carpet, and you're being chased. You want to get out of there as soon as possible. The problem with flying carpets is that there isn't a gas pedal to push to the floor like on your car or truck. Anyone got any ideas? Just be a quick boost, nothing more.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Eepop

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Eep...Eepop...Eepop Ananamus
Re: Increasing Object's Fly Speed?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
First guess is to use the rules for combining magic items to put some spells with uses per day on the carpet itself.

Dimension Door a couple times per day could get you out of chase situations pretty easily. Although that doesn't actually make the carpet itself move faster.

If price is not an issue, Timestop would give you additional move actions, which to those outside would appear as you suddenly moving very fast.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »
Throw it harder  :rollseyes

yea i got nothing, maybe horse shoes of speed modified to be rug tassels of hauling ass  ???
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »
Point a Decanter of Endless Water in the direction you want to move away from and set it to 'Geyser'?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 06:01:20 PM »
Gust of wind? Feather token; fan? A command-word or 1/day item of gust of wind should cost 12,000 or 800 gp respectively.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:55:34 PM by Chemus »
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »
Point a Decanter of Endless Water in the direction you want to move away from and set it to 'Geyser'?

I have an airship that works on that principle in a game I am in. This combined with the suspension spell from Shining South can make any random object airworthy.