Author Topic: Help tweaking a Lock build  (Read 2118 times)

hermit1031

• Monkey bussiness
Help tweaking a Lock build
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: Help tweaking a Lock build
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 06:45:45 AM »
Uh, you can get Thicket with Martial Stance at any level that Crus.1+1/2 the others equals 5. So, say, at 9. You don't need to take Martial Study, because the prereq. for Martial Stance is just knowledge of one maneuver from the discipline you wish to take.

There is one problem I keep having with Knockback: It doesn't actually stop your enemies from just continuing their movement, and then you don't get another AoO. Also, it's actually pretty hard to knock them significant distances unless you have a means of REALLY pushing your Str and to Hit so you can use big Power attacks.

What I would suggest to include, somehow:
Shocktrooper and Improved Trip. Now you don't trip them with a tripping weapon, you trip them by punting them into occupied squares and get a shot at tripping both. However, this (i.e. directed Bullrush) only works on a charge, IIRC, and possibly on any AoOs you take after the charge, because all modifiers should still apply.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
You can't take Thicket of Blades at your first Crusader level though, at first martial adept level you can only take a first level stance. Always. Well, you could spend an extra feat, but with class features it's not possible.

Handy Links

hermit1031

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 02:36:05 PM »

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »
No, you cannot use your first Crusader level stance to get Thicket of Blades unless you spend a feat on it, just like I said above. The first martial adept level stance is always a 1st level stance regardless of your initiator level.

Handy Links

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »
What Tshern said. Basically you have to fork your Level 9 feat for "Martial Stance", and take Thicket of Blades. Or take a level of Fighter at Lvl 9 that will give you a bonus feat.

hermit1031

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 04:15:52 PM »
Sad. I'd almost fit Extra Trances in.
I believe you, just curious where that comes from? I didn't see it.

Thanks again,
H

tazmaniandevil1313

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:16:22 AM »
Hello All......

Tome of Battle is one of the few book I do not possess-flood :(......So can someone cut and paste exactly what thicket of blades is. as well as the quickest way to get it. Class feat or other wise.....

L8R