Author Topic: SG-10: OOC Chat  (Read 17373 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
SG-10: OOC Chat
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »
Questions? Random chatter? It all goes here.  ;)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: SG-10: OOC Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 04:32:58 AM »
Copy-paste from the other thread:

Okay, how do these modifiers (page 94 of the core rulebook) sound for requisitioning AP ammo?

-Object has obvious application for assignment (+4)
-Object restriction: Restricted (-4)
-Hero is skilled or proficient in use of object (+2)

Total modifier +2

That would give me a roll of 1d20+3

Can't roll right now, seeing as IC is down...

Acquisition roll for 5.56mm (20 bullets)(DC 7): [url=
Acquisition roll for 9mm (50 bullets)(DC 8): [url=
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
Those look good, Bowen.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »
Cool :)

Now if only Invisible Castle were up and running :banghead
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 03:11:26 PM »
I'M still in, just have to finish finals first.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »
I'M still in, just have to finish finals first.
ditto
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:05 AM »
No worries.  Try to get a preliminary character sheet up, if you can, just so I can see what your strengths are.  I've already got your first two missions roughly mapped out in my head (though nothing much is statted out), but being able to see some numbers on your end will help make sure I don't make things too hard/easy.

With finals and whatnot, would you all prefer I hold off starting the game thread until Dec 20th, or sometime around there?  Will you have loads of time to post over the holiday? Or will family events prevent most of you from really participating until after the holidays are over?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:16 AM »
I should be able to post pretty regularly, except for the weekend of the 12th and christmas and new years eve.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »
Copy-paste from the other thread:

Okay, how do these modifiers (page 94 of the core rulebook) sound for requisitioning AP ammo?

-Object has obvious application for assignment (+4)
-Object restriction: Restricted (-4)
-Hero is skilled or proficient in use of object (+2)

Total modifier +2

That would give me a roll of 1d20+3

Can't roll right now, seeing as IC is down...

Acquisition roll for 5.56mm (20 bullets per roll, trying to get 4 magazines' worth, so 6 rolls)(DC 7): 4; 6; 19; 23; 20; 13
Acquisition roll for 9mm (50 bullets, that's enough for over 3 magazine, so I'll only roll once)(DC 8): 13

Not bad, that's 80 5.56mm AP rounds, and 50 9mm AP rounds :)

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
Sorry it's taking me so long to get my character up, I've been having a busy week, I'll try to get something posted in the next couple days.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »
Sorry it's taking me so long to get my character up, I've been having a busy week, I'll try to get something posted in the next couple days.
No problem; it's not like I'm going anywhere.

I did get a new dog this weekend, though, so training her will eat up my time for the next 12 years...

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 09:53:13 PM »
No worries.  Try to get a preliminary character sheet up, if you can, just so I can see what your strengths are.  I've already got your first two missions roughly mapped out in my head (though nothing much is statted out), but being able to see some numbers on your end will help make sure I don't make things too hard/easy.

With finals and whatnot, would you all prefer I hold off starting the game thread until Dec 20th, or sometime around there?  Will you have loads of time to post over the holiday? Or will family events prevent most of you from really participating until after the holidays are over?
Quick question, If I want my character to be able it imitate animal sounds (Bird calls, crickets chirps, whales songs) with such skill that even animal's are fooled, how would one do that in DnD modern.

A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »
Imitating animal calls would fall under hunting, ergo, Survival (or Wilderness Lore, I forget which d20 Modern uses).

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 02:24:38 AM »
DnD modern.

Ugh, please don't say that...

d20M uses the Survival skill.  Then again, I could also imagine it falling under the purview of Bluff.
PbP Games

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »
DnD modern.

d20M uses the Survival skill.  Then again, I could also imagine it falling under the purview of Bluff.
Does d20M have skill synergies?  I could see 5 ranks in Bluff adding +2 to the Survival roll for the purposes of animal calls.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 10:10:19 PM »
DnD modern.

d20M uses the Survival skill.  Then again, I could also imagine it falling under the purview of Bluff.
Does d20M have skill synergies?  I could see 5 ranks in Bluff adding +2 to the Survival roll for the purposes of animal calls.

d20M is using a ruleset halfway between 3.0 and 3.5.  There are skill synergies, which should be in the CRB, not sure about the SRD.

Since nobody's running a "standard" SG-team member, I'll take that role.  Either going into the Soldier AdC via Strong, or Gunslinger AdC via Fast.  If nobody minds, I can take the team leader position.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:37:38 PM by j0lt »
PbP Games

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »
DnD modern.

d20M uses the Survival skill.  Then again, I could also imagine it falling under the purview of Bluff.
Does d20M have skill synergies?  I could see 5 ranks in Bluff adding +2 to the Survival roll for the purposes of animal calls.
d20M is using a ruleset halfway between 3.0 and 3.5.  There are skill synergies, which should be in the CRB, not sure about the SRD.

Since nobody's running a "standard" SG-team member, I'll take that role.  Either going into the Soldier AdC via Strong, or Gunslinger AdC via Fast.  If nobody minds, I can take the team leader position.
I minds, If you take team leader, then you can't be the red shirt you just discribed.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »
I minds, If you take team leader, then you can't be the red shirt you just discribed.
Oh BURN!

I smell intra-party conflicts arising...

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
Don't make me solve the Clava Thessara Infinitas!

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 03:32:28 AM »
DnD modern.

lol, fine.  Should I go the sniper route?  I haven't seen everybody's build yet, but I'd like to provide something that will help round the team out.  I suspect Bowen will eventually head down the autofire/burstfire route (assuming we level up that far).  What is it that we're lacking?
PbP Games