Author Topic: A plea to the Min/Max It boards  (Read 1731 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
A plea to the Min/Max It boards
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »
I remember one person at WotC.COMmunity (pre-Gleemax) posting a monster in the "D&D General" section because he didn't like the Monster's Lair community, and thought he would get better feedback at D&D General. :wall

This kind of thing shouldn't be happening, but there are already threads for two Marvel characters here (Wolverine and Dr. Octopus), due to low traffic in "When Inspiration Strikes". I beg the posters here to look at (and post in) the other sections. I mean, my Chozo Warrior class has been up for two years and the mechanics haven't had much real examination. At least one person is using it in a campaign, but it could be horribly imbalanced without my realising it.
(I know it wasn't in the same place for two years, but still...)

Oh, and listen to the podcast too. They're pretty good, and it's kind of the point. ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:30:12 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: A plea to the Min/Max It boards
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 01:11:25 AM »
Oh, and listen to the podcast too. They're pretty good, and it's kind of the point. ;)

I don't listen to podcasts.  I'll gladly read transcripts, but in my experience podcasts tend to have extraneous chatter, and take triple the time of reading it.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

CannibalSmith

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • COBoard Wiki
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:05:40 AM »
I don't read other sections to limit the amount of time I waste here.

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »
I remember one person at WotC.COMmunity (pre-Gleemax) posting a monster in the "D&D General" section because he didn't like the Monster's Lair community, and thought he would get better feedback at D&D General. :wall

This kind of thing shouldn't be happening, but there are already threads for two Marvel characters here (Wolverine and Dr. Octopus), due to low traffic in "When Inspiration Strikes". I beg the posters here to look at (and post in) the other sections.

So, I am partly to blame here except I feel I have a somewhat alright reason in that I am looking for only mechanics. When I am finished with my build I'll post him in the appropriate place. This specific section of the forums seem the best place to have my rules question solved, so I went here.

Anything else there chief?