Author Topic: What is the mystery of Black Isle?  (Read 15357 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Black Isle Espionage Game Logs
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 11:18:40 AM »
You should totally run this thing as a PbP sometime :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »

If I can manage it I will-- however the Artifact campaign that you are in currently... well, it's _R E A L L Y_ long. And it may be too much for me to try running a second game anytime REAL soon.  :)
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »

If I can manage it I will-- however the Artifact campaign that you are in currently... well, it's _R E A L L Y_ long. And it may be too much for me to try running a second game anytime REAL soon.  :)

Understandable :)

Just saying if you decide to do it, lemme know :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 01:55:29 AM »
Totally.  :D
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »
They trek through the jungle to the south/south-east as it begins to grow dark. Tessier leading the way, brings them at least to a shuttered and sealed lab one floor lab structure.

A couple of bounds and Tessier in on the roof. He assists the rest get on top, then he leads them to a skylight. He lifts the window open, and the group descends down onto a muddy pool table.

The French Operative closes and locks the skylight window. Around them PARANOIA take in their surroundings; a lounge of some sort if the old-style video arcade machine, jukebox, billiards, and couches had anything to say.

Tessier explains that this building is an unused lab building. It's been his home for a couple of days. The gates on the doors and windows help to keep out the locals-- a couple gates had been bashed off at some point before he had moved in, but he had blockaded those entry points.

He also takes note of Raul's weakened and injured condition. He tells them that the stuff they found in the medical facility should cure his ills-- his team had been briefed on it-- in case of emergency.

Emma tells him about the French girl operative, who asked them to give her enough morphine to ease her passing. She was of course, his girlfriend Rachel.

*KA-REEEEEEEEEEESSSHHH--!!!* Plate glass from the skylight implodes.

Three filthy-- gore covered feral researchers plunge down into the room and leap from the pool table to attack the PC's

Feeling the effects of the venom that he took when that... creature got a hold of him, Raul shuffles across the floor, into the corner of the room in an alcove created by a nearby SPACE INVADERS arcade game. He didn't even take note of it though as he watched the scene unfold in front of him.

The details of this fight have been lost to time, but I believe Takezo cut through the ankles of one of the feral scientists types as he stood on the table. The group killed them, and then boarded up the shattered skylight.

They decide to abandon the room. Sealing it shut from inside using wood and a screw-gun. They seal up a couple of other entrances to the outside, then after getting Raul to a bed and seeing to his wounds. The hit the sack for the night.

Raul takes a turn on the watch despite his weakened condition. Raul was able to stick his head up through a spinning vent in the room of one of the halls. Sitting on the ladder. He witnessed something huge crashing through the dark jungle foliage that night. It had to be the size of a VW bus if not larger. Tree trunks snapped like twigs as it passed.

Later on a Troop of Fast/Monkeys clambered across the rooftop, stopping just feet from whomever was doing guard duty at the time.

In the morning the Frenchman is not there, he shows up while the group eats cold rations for breakfast, and he explains that he had gone for a morning run around the area, scouting for any trouble they might have to contend with.

Takezo gets suspicious. Regardless the group decides to get the power restored to the island, if they want to have any hope of getting through the labs themselves.Electronic sealed doors. No fun without power.

The head south following the road, but not on it. Taking the thick jungle along side it. It was then that a huge green serrated blade of sorts swung down towards the Frenchman. It was attached to a 10 foot tall preying mantis. It's body mottled in dark jungle colors that rendered it virtually invisible when it was motionless.

The group took it down with relative ease after the initial jolt of seeing a giant-ass preying mantis. I may or may not have had a second one they needed to tackle as well. I just don't remember.

From there the group made their way to the lake-side Power Station...
Current PbP Games

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 02:37:45 AM »
Mmmm Mmm More Black Island goodness. Thanks tons, kinda sated the withdrawals  ;). Good stuff; to bad it's on hiatus. Almost enough to make me want to move my group down to FL just to see how this one ends.

Sorry, I didn't see your question from earlier. I meant Private Investigator type campaign. I would only loosely term it as that though. We had fun and tried to weave a mildly entertaining conspiracy plot they uncovered but only led to more questions. I think I missed the last few session logs for it at the end. We were using a different system then D20 initially as I did not have the d20modern core rules at that time. I recently came across a cheap copy so if we ever go back to it I will have them recreate their PCs as d20 versions.

If we do go back to it, it will be after the Dawn of Defiance game we are in now. I wanted their modern campaign to go from mundane type intrigue and branch into more esoteric type stuff as it went on i.e. like your Black Island adventure.
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 11:27:40 PM »
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2969/blackislegmnotes.jpg  <-- goes directly to this map of the island.
Some notes. LARGE image. But kinda interesting.

This is how I broke down which creatures the PCs would run into. Basically the domains around each lab area, and the creatures that escaped from them.

This is what the PC's came face to face with on the way to the power plant.

And this is what lives in the subtram tunnels!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:29:30 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2009, 03:56:59 AM »
Nice visuals on the creatures, you manage to come up with some good ones.
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
Now the power station was on the edge of the crater lake. It was a geothermal power station, so it was fueled by the volcanic heat of the island itself.

The group entered through a torn section of chainlink fence.

The battle map consisted of the main building, a brick building with a corrugated aluminum roof. This is the structure that housed the generators & turbines. Tubing ran to and from this and also to the cooling tower. A condenser jungle was added, full of pipes and tubes running around like some sort of alien jungle gym. For the Parkour character to enjoy, should he pick up on the cues.

Now, in this campaign universe there are a good number of "security teams"--
The PCs are loosely affiliated freelancers who are working together on a mutual contract. For this operation they are calling themselves: PARANOIA.

The team that works for the CIELCORP (the French company that owns this island compound) is called PLAISIR SADIQUE. The Parkour scout character is a survivor from when his team first responded. The PCs encountered his fiance in the medical facility. It was she who Emma administered the Morphine overdose to.

In addition to PARANOIA, a team of Russians called: CRIMSON HORIZON first appeared in the initial scene when they tried to warn off PARANOIA members from the upcoming job.

But they aren't the only other team that is trying to cherry pick. In fact a very nasty team called "SLIPPERY-WHEN-WET" has dropped members on the island. These guys however are not after the ANGEL LIGHT and probably don't know of its existence.

Two of THESE guys are responding to their motion sensors having been tripped by the PCs though, and are secretly watching the PCs as they enter the main building...

PARANOIA head inside, leaving Raul to watch the entrance with his shotgun. Emma's player didn't make the game (A trend that was rapidly picking up, but she also had a new boyfriend, so this was understandable...) So I GM Coma'd her ass, deciding that it was a side-affect of the wounding from the first dog attack. Infection. She was running a fever and she passes out. As this drama is happening Terrin McCall finds the laptop computer bob set-up. A few tense moments later, Terrin has both a new laptop PC to replace the one that he had stolen earlier in the game AND some C4. Hurray!

The two men from SWW are not pleased that they didn't get to see their bomb blow up these interlopers-- but a grenade changes that a bit.

Ka-BOOOM! Part of the entrance explodes, and a shoot-out begins. Meanwhile, Terrin discovers that they can't just turn on the generators-- the far turbine is damaged and needs to be replaced. When he logs into the computer control panel he finds that some of the code had been removed, leaving gaps that won't allow the crane to work right-- So he has to stand next to an unconscious Emma while re-writing code, with a gun at his side, while the rest of the team scale the water tower platform in an attempt to kill this SWW bastards.

Meanwhile, outside the PCs learn how much flamethrowers suck to have used on you. The battle was pretty intense, with Miyamoto Takezo being set aflame! The PCs manage to chase off the two SWW members and get the power station up and running once again.
Current PbP Games

jacemachine