Author Topic: Building Cervantes in Gestalt  (Read 2449 times)

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Building Cervantes in Gestalt
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Building Cervantes in Gestalt
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 08:53:38 PM »
[spoiler]

Am I doin it rite? :P[/spoiler]

Seeing as you appear to be Dex-based, I would recommend one or two levels of Fighter one either side. This gets you a bonus feat and frees up a slot for Shadow Blade, which gives you Dex to damage with discipline weapons. You can then give up heavy armor proficiency to take the Hit-and-Run Tactics ACF (Drow of the Underdark), which gives you +2 to Init and Dex to damage again vs. flat-footed opponents.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »
The teleportation moves are a bit tricky, but as you indicated, Swordsage might do. The damage output (clearly not dexterity-based) is another issue entirely. It's worth noting that his damage has nothing to do with movement...

Handy Links

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 09:59:17 PM »
-Only tier 3 or lower classes. No primary casters or psionics. (initiators are allright)

Does this also mean the Tier 3 and Tier 4 casters are out?  Such as Warmage, Beguiler, Dread Necro, Wu-Jen, Shugenja, etc?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 10:15:32 PM »
The only spells Cervantes uses are Dimension door (along with a really peculiar form of Shadow pouncing...) and maybe Launch item.

Handy Links

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »
The Ravenloft Campaign Setting has a "Parthican rapier" - a rapier with a pistol in it. If you hit with the rapier you can fire the pistol as a free action. The pistol needs to be reloaded though, and proficiencies apply separately (I think you might also need proficiency in the Parthican rapier itself).

So maybe you can get a "Parthican dagger" approved by your DM...
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 03:58:56 AM »
Does this also mean the Tier 3 and Tier 4 casters are out?  Such as Warmage, Beguiler, Dread Necro, Wu-Jen, Shugenja, etc?

Unfortunately yes.

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 04:03:32 AM »
The Ravenloft Campaign Setting has a "Parthican rapier" - a rapier with a pistol in it. If you hit with the rapier you can fire the pistol as a free action. The pistol needs to be reloaded though, and proficiencies apply separately (I think you might also need proficiency in the Parthican rapier itself).

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »

I thought that whole setting was no longer official status? (some of its splats made Dragon Mag look like Cpsi)
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »

Since that's an exotic weapon you can pick up flurry from exotic weapon master to meet the prerequisite for "Sun School" a tactical feat in Complete Warrior that grants you a free attack at your highest BAB anytime you use a dimension door-like effect to instantly move adjacent to someone.

I mentioned this feat in another thread and they pointed out shadow pounce was better, but as this is a free attack I see nothing wrong with grabbing both. Free attacks are always good, especially if you combine them with something that gets you MORE free attacks like cleave and lightning maces.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 04:11:10 PM by Bloody Initiate »
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.