Author Topic: Question about LoP's Beholder Mage Trick  (Read 4981 times)

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
Re: Question about LoP's Beholder Mage Trick
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 05:51:12 PM »
Damn...  There's got to be a way around this...
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

pyropally

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »
Wouldn't being an elan solve the whole aberration type problem?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but since elans are aberrations, when you wild shape into a beholder you would be a beholder with the aberration type, and therefore, a true beholder. Thoughts?

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 11:06:45 PM »
Haven't read your triple 9's thread, actually! Would like to, though, link?
PBMC BC

Wouldn't being an elan solve the whole aberration type problem?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but since elans are aberrations, when you wild shape into a beholder you would be a beholder with the aberration type, and therefore, a true beholder. Thoughts?
Nope. And without being creative they don't even qualify for aberrant wildshape  :banghead
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r