Author Topic: New Geomancer musings...  (Read 6547 times)

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
Re: New Geomancer musings...
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 07:55:21 PM »
Sword of Arcane Order allows you to prepare wizard spells in your paladin/ranger spell slots. Now, that's TO at best; but then again so is taking Venerable Dragonwrought Loredrake Kobold Paladin 4/Sorerer 4/Geomancer 10/PRC 2 to get free quickens on all your spells with Battle Blessing.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
Eh, clearly I'm thick, how are you qualifying for Battle Blessing, Sword of the Arcane Order and Initiate of Mystra?

Archivists have each of those spell lists integrated into their own as a result of having access to every divine spell.  Probably another one that needs a TO tag, but meh...that's kind of my MO.  If I could get the same spell lists on a Cleric base it would be even better IMO.

I'm for that not being considered optimization because Archivist relies on the DM feeling sorry for you and actually giving you scrolls with those spells written on them.  You can do lots of crap if the DM allows it, which isn't within the realm of optimization in the least.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 08:58:46 PM »
Eh, clearly I'm thick, how are you qualifying for Battle Blessing, Sword of the Arcane Order and Initiate of Mystra?

Archivists have each of those spell lists integrated into their own as a result of having access to every divine spell.  Probably another one that needs a TO tag, but meh...that's kind of my MO.  If I could get the same spell lists on a Cleric base it would be even better IMO.

I'm for that not being considered optimization because Archivist relies on the DM feeling sorry for you and actually giving you scrolls with those spells written on them.  You can do lots of crap if the DM allows it, which isn't within the realm of optimization in the least.

That's what Leadership is for.  And I never once said this won't be a big hairy mess of TO, because generally when I do some sort of thought exercise like this, it swiftly becomes TO.  CO of Geomancer would be using Prestige Paladin on a fast advancing class, such as Ur-Priest, giving all the perks of divine casting with none of the ASF.  Note that that also would be able to autoquicken all its spells via Battle Blessing, but lose out on the Druid list, short of being a kobold, and lose out on parts of the Ranger and Bard lists.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »
I'm just waiting for someone to do something silly now like rainbow warmage geomancer...
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »
I'm just waiting for someone to do something silly now like rainbow warmage geomancer...

If you can find my Warsnake guide on 339, I already have :P
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 09:18:42 PM »
Throw in a dip of Sacred Exorcist and Silver Pyromancer and Battle Blessing while you're at it... or maybe you already have.
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
Throw in a dip of Sacred Exorcist and Silver Pyromancer and Battle Blessing while you're at it... or maybe you already have.

SacEx yes.  SP...I think I left that off because of it's whole "we wanna buttfuck Warmages and Beguilers so they can't learn spells from us" clause.  Otherwise SP would be an awesome dip, especially for blasters.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 05:27:03 AM »
Which clause is that? I thought one merely had to worship the sacred flame.

edit: or just go with prestige paladin at some point
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 05:29:14 AM by Surreal »
---

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 05:47:21 AM »
Which clause is that? I thought one merely had to worship the sacred flame.

edit: or just go with prestige paladin at some point

PrC Pally is my usual, if nothing else for the BAB in a gish.  I've seen several times that Silver Pyromancer doesn't add to the lists of predetermined casters, i.e. Warmages/Beguilers/Dread Necros.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!