Author Topic: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer  (Read 166253 times)

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
Re: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2009, 01:09:12 PM »
Q16 - Forgot the name/source of an item, it allows the rider of a blink dog to be attuned to its dimension door so the rider can blink with it. Anyone know the item?

Anyone?

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2009, 01:14:26 PM »
Q21 If I were to split ray a spell and quick cast true strike, would true affect both attacks of the spell?

A21: I think only whichever of the two rays you fired first would gain the benefit, given that the spell only effects the first single attack role you make.  The same goes for Scorching Ray, IIRC.

Q22 Does anyone know if there is any way for a Druid to share Wild Shape uses with his animal companion?
A22: None that I am aware of, though Dragon magazine might have something.  There are some wildshape-like spells you can share, such as Aspect of the Wolf (turn into a wolf), Aspect of the Earth Hunter (SpC), which turns you into a bulette, Wild Runner (SpC), for a centaur, and Primal Form for elemental features (also SpC).

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2009, 02:03:37 PM »
Q24 What prestige classes exist that advance spellcasting at all levels, and Wild Shape as well? (I am looking for good Druid prestige classes)

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »
A24: Planar Shepard (Faiths of Eberron) comes to mind, but that one is infamous for being too powerful. I say it's decent, so long as the player doesn't want to break the game, which he can do anyway as a full caster. Arcane Hierophant (RotW) does it, too, but needs Arcane Casting, as well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 02:11:08 PM by CantripN »
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »
Q24 What prestige classes exist that advance spellcasting at all levels, and Wild Shape as well? (I am looking for good Druid prestige classes)

A24: Planar Shepherd (Faiths of Eberron) :D

EDIT: Ninja'd
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »
A 24c

Moonspeaker (RoE) is a 12-level PrC that advances divine casting every level and Wild Shape 8/12, starting at level 5. It's also less borked than Planar Shepherd.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2009, 05:15:23 PM »
Arcane Hierophant (Races of the Wild) and... if you're desperate, the Faith Scion from the Legendary Weapons alternate rules in Unearthed Arcana.

Balmas

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
Q25: Does the Two-Weapon Fighting tree require you to use the Full Attack action to get the benefit? Or, to put it another way, with two weapon fighting, can you get two attacks from a standard action at a -2 penalty?
"You know, in the old days we relied on ingenuity rather than feats, the strength stat used a forward slash as a decimal point, and there were no such things as Drow.

"I miss the old days." ~Thaco, Goblins

Demons and Angels and Jakkai, oh my! Check out
www.raizap.com/sdamned!

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »
Q25: Does the Two-Weapon Fighting tree require you to use the Full Attack action to get the benefit? Or, to put it another way, with two weapon fighting, can you get two attacks from a standard action at a -2 penalty?

IIRC only as a PrC feature or as part of a charge (Two Weapon Pounce).
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2009, 05:32:18 PM »
A25From the SRD:

Full Attack

If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.

Ninjas again.  *mutters*
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2009, 05:35:35 PM »
A25From the SRD:

Full Attack

If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.

Ninjas again.  *mutters*

Tis ok, maybe you can answer this one :
Q26 : What would the cost be for a constant item of touchsite and Transdimensional touchsight?  It's my substitute for Mindsight, and for when the sneaky bastards are also mindless :P
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »
A25From the SRD:

Full Attack

Ninjas again.  *mutters*

Q26 : What would the cost be for a constant item of touchsite and Transdimensional touchsight?  It's my substitute for Mindsight, and for when the sneaky bastards are also mindless :P

I assume you want 120' range as well?  

4 (effective power level) x 19 (manifester level) x 2,000 gp x4 (minute/level duration) = 608,000 gp

Whoops, my bad, math error.  So yeah, you can;t buy one even in a Planar Metropolis.  You can get a 100' one though. 480,000 gp.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:54:29 PM by Operation Shoestring »

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2009, 05:59:59 PM »
A25From the SRD:

Full Attack

Ninjas again.  *mutters*

Q26 : What would the cost be for a constant item of touchsite and Transdimensional touchsight?  It's my substitute for Mindsight, and for when the sneaky bastards are also mindless :P

I assume you want 120' range as well?  

4 (effective power level) x 19 (manifester level) x 2,000 gp x4 (minute/level duration) = 608,000 gp

Whoops, my bad, math error.  So yeah, you can;t buy one even in a Planar Metropolis.  You can get a 100' one though. 480,000 gp.

Thanks, and holy shit...that's some serious jink.  I think I'll just pick it up through PsiChir and persist it with Metamagic Effect (psi-magic transparency should allow this).

EDIT : Speaking of transparency...

Q27 : How far does transparency extend?  Does the default rule include all aspects of it, meaning a power may be extended with Extend Spell and a spell empowered by Empower Power?  The costs are the same by extrapolation of 2 pp = 1 spell level.  Does the transparency RAW go this far?  Is the RAW on this matter even clearly defined?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:50:57 PM by KellKheraptis »
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Dusk Eclipse

• Email
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »
Q28If I have displacement such from a cape of displacement and then I cast Mirror image do my mirror images get displacement as well?

winter_soldier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »
Q19A: What kind of slot would a minor or major iceheart (from Frostburn) take up.....is it slotless like a Nightstick?

Q19B: When making a higher-level character that has a PRC that requires the creation of an item (like the Winterbourne of Igborihu), does the full item GP value apply for purposes of character wealth, or is it half GP?

Anybody......Bueller?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2009, 01:17:14 AM »
19b: Ask yer GM.  I'd lean towards half price myself.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:30:24 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

OblivionSmurf83

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2009, 04:03:22 AM »
Q29 Does anyone know of any dual casting prestige classes that increase two Divine classes at once?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2009, 05:49:50 AM »
Q29 Does anyone know of any dual casting prestige classes that increase two Divine classes at once?

A29 : An arcane/divine can do it if you trick one side, such as using Algernon's trick on a Favored Soul to be considered an arcane caster (Exalted Arcanist I think is the method), and then go Ur-Priest->Mystic Theurge & Company.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2009, 11:33:40 AM »
Q30
If you have an evil outsider with 6 levels in FoP and 10 racial HD, can it "enchant" items only based on it's levels in FoP, or can it stack the FoP with the 2k gp/hd allowance for normal possession? If it cannot, can it choose the better of the two?

Q31
If you have a Fiend of Possession, and it possesses an item that isn't a weapon or armor, can it enhance the item as though it were armor or a weapon? i.e. possessing a ring to function like armor, etc.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2009, 02:15:43 PM »
Q31
If you have a Fiend of Possession, and it possesses an item that isn't a weapon or armor, can it enhance the item as though it were armor or a weapon? i.e. possessing a ring to function like armor, etc.
An evil carrige with the called enchantment...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.