Author Topic: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer  (Read 165942 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer
« Reply #720 on: December 22, 2009, 06:27:06 PM »
Q 195 I saw an item last night in one of the books that gave you true strike once per day, as well as another ability, but I can't remember what book it was in. It's probably in a Forgotten Realms or Eberron book since that's what I was mostly going through at the time. Anyone know what it is?

Glove of the Ma- oh, ninja'd

I'm pretty sure it shows up in MIC or something as I don't have ghostwalk.
lol Yeah, I answered my own question.

I wish it was in MIC, but I know I haven't seen it. I totally would have had it by now.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #721 on: December 22, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »
Q 195 I saw an item last night in one of the books that gave you true strike once per day, as well as another ability, but I can't remember what book it was in. It's probably in a Forgotten Realms or Eberron book since that's what I was mostly going through at the time. Anyone know what it is?

It's in Bunko's, which is probably where you saw it.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #722 on: December 22, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »

It's in Bunko's, which is probably where you saw it.
Sorry, Bunko's? What?

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #723 on: December 22, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »
Q196 Does anyone know of any sort of random NPC generator for 3.5 that incorporates non-core material?  Like, something that could generate Warmages or Psychic Warriors or even alternate system characters?  I have one for core-only already, and it's a handy resource, but the added options would be nice.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #725 on: December 22, 2009, 06:41:51 PM »
Q 197 Anyone know of a singular hand item (much like the glove of master strategist) that's worth taking for a ranger?

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #726 on: December 22, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »
Q 197 Anyone know of a singular hand item (much like the glove of master strategist) that's worth taking for a ranger?

Even if it;s only a single hand, it takes up the entire hands magic item slot.

q198  The text for mythic exemplar says:

Reikhardt: You gain +1 level of a class-based extraordinary
ability to grant bonuses to allies (such as a marshal's auras).

Does this mean I'm treated as a marshal 3 instead of a marshal 2 (gaining a second minor aura), or that my major aura goes up from +1 to +2?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #727 on: December 22, 2009, 06:53:35 PM »

So you couldn't wear two individual gloves of storing?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #728 on: December 22, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »

q198  The text for mythic exemplar says:

Reikhardt: You gain +1 level of a class-based extraordinary
ability to grant bonuses to allies (such as a marshal's auras).

Does this mean I'm treated as a marshal 3 instead of a marshal 2 (gaining a second minor aura), or that my major aura goes up from +1 to +2?
You're treated as a level 3 Marshall, gaining the second minor Aura.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #729 on: December 22, 2009, 07:10:29 PM »
Q196 Does anyone know of any sort of random NPC generator for 3.5 that incorporates non-core material?  Like, something that could generate Warmages or Psychic Warriors or even alternate system characters?  I have one for core-only already, and it's a handy resource, but the added options would be nice.
A 196. Yes and no. The only one I've been able to find that can do anything outside of core material is this site. http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm

Nemo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #730 on: December 22, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »
q199
Is there any way to add energy [energy] descriptor to spell stored in a wand? Or create wand storing modified spell? I don't think that you can do it with Snowcasting, not while crafting, and not while activating...or maybe I'm wrong? Still new to the world of crafters and artificers   ???

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #731 on: December 22, 2009, 09:16:01 PM »
Heroforge isn't bad.  It's a download rather than online, with the most recent releases (that I've seen) incorporating a majority of WotC's material, except a few Eberron and Faerun splats.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #732 on: December 23, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »
Heroforge isn't bad.  It's a download rather than online, with the most recent releases (that I've seen) incorporating a majority of WotC's material, except a few Eberron and Faerun splats.

It does not do random generation, it is more of a character sheet that does most of the math for you but it is really fast to create new characters on it. Also they do not have a few sources but they are adding tome of magic next version.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #733 on: December 23, 2009, 01:39:15 AM »
Q 200 In what books can I find a slashing rapier (probably exotic) and short sword, and a chain whip (not a spiked chain)? I've seen them before, I just can't find them now. Big surprise.

Zombieboots

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Ska-ull
« Reply #734 on: December 23, 2009, 01:51:52 AM »
Q201:
if I have a Lawful-N Incarnate (Magic incarnum), and he takes on the PrC Necrocarnun Adept and falls to Lawful Evil does he still gain access to his Essentia, Soulmelds, and binds even though he can no longer progress in the incarnate.
I am aware Evil-N will allow both but I need to know about lawful Evil.

Also if a Necrocarnun Adept because anything other then evil does he still possess all of his class abilities?
Ah! Maddness. Thank you.[spoiler][/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #735 on: December 23, 2009, 01:55:13 AM »
Q201:
if I have a Lawful-N Incarnate (Magic incarnum), and he takes on the PrC Necrocarnun Adept and falls to Lawful Evil does he still gain access to his Essentia, Soulmelds, and binds even though he can no longer progress in the incarnate.
I am aware Evil-N will allow both but I need to know about lawful Evil.

Also if a Necrocarnun Adept because anything other then evil does he still possess all of his class abilities?

Necrocarnate? Is that what you're talking about? There is a good adaptation for it.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #736 on: December 23, 2009, 06:18:29 AM »
Q 202:

Where could a person find pregenerated NPC Red Wizards? Preferably non-epic level ones. I've found a lot of those, and most of them are liches.

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #737 on: December 23, 2009, 07:29:02 AM »

So you couldn't wear two individual gloves of storing?

Nothing's stopping you from physically wearing two, but only one will have its effect at any one time. Then again, there's no information as to how to determine which is active, or how fast you can swap between them. If you can convince your DM it's a free action, you could wear two and activate each glove right before you need to use it, effectively using two.

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #738 on: December 23, 2009, 08:39:35 AM »
Q 202:

Where could a person find pregenerated NPC Red Wizards? Preferably non-epic level ones. I've found a lot of those, and most of them are liches.
Lords of madness has abbreviated statblocks up to 10th lv. It is 3.0 though, so there might be some stat inconsistencies. It does address their gear fairly well though.
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

shalandar

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #739 on: December 23, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »
q199
Is there any way to add energy [energy] descriptor to spell stored in a wand? Or create wand storing modified spell? I don't think that you can do it with Snowcasting, not while crafting, and not while activating...or maybe I'm wrong? Still new to the world of crafters and artificers   ???

Magic Item Compendium has the Vest of the Master Evoker, which allows you to add the effect of any Sudden metamagic feat to a wand with an evocation spell in it.

I thought I remembered reading something about a wand wrap that could do things to a wand, but I can't find the reference...