Author Topic: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer  (Read 165943 times)

Glutton

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer
« Reply #540 on: December 13, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »
Q 149

Does any book out there, at all, develop or explore hobgoblins beyond "mean hairy militant humanoids", possibly even with height/weight/age tables? Some Eberron splat, maybe?

http://paizo.com/store/paizo/pathfinder/pathfinderChronicles/35E/v5748btpy82r5

pathfinder, so may not fit with your campaign, has some good fluff about all of the classic goblinoids.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #541 on: December 13, 2009, 11:22:01 PM »
A152: The druid variant Druidic Avenger might be a decent starting point.
That should work quite well; I can't believe I'd forgotten it.  Thanks!  Just sucks to lose the animal companion and spontaneous summoning, but that's not too bad of a trade.

Q153: Now, is there a way to regain a fully-leveled Animal Companion?  Wild Cohort is close, but doesn't provide the Share Spells ability.  A one-level dip in Beastmaster gets you 4 levels-worth of animal companionship, and Natural Bond could boost that to 7, but at that point it would be better to just be a Barb 1/Druid 19 with the extra rage feat...
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #542 on: December 13, 2009, 11:24:09 PM »
That should work quite well; I can't believe I'd forgotten it.  Thanks!  Just sucks to lose the animal companion and spontaneous summoning, but that's not too bad of a trade.

Q153: Now, is there a way to regain a fully-leveled Animal Companion?  Wild Cohort is close, but doesn't provide the Share Spells ability.  A one-level dip in Beastmaster gets you 4 levels-worth of animal companionship, and Natural Bond could boost that to 7, but at that point it would be better to just be a Barb 1/Druid 19 with the extra rage feat...

Or Druid 20 and cast Rage.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #543 on: December 13, 2009, 11:29:37 PM »

Or Druid 20 and cast Rage.
I'm brainstorming a male Rashemi Druidic character that is also a member of one of the Berserker Lodges.  Need actual Rage ability for that.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #544 on: December 14, 2009, 12:34:39 AM »
Q 154: What templates (LA+2 or less) increase charisma and wisdom the most?
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #545 on: December 14, 2009, 12:45:03 AM »
Probably Half-fey (FF).  Half-fey is +4 Cha (and maybe +2 Wis?), and is only +1 LA.  I think Saint (BoED) might give +2 Wis, but that might be +2 LA; can't remember of the top of my noggin.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #546 on: December 14, 2009, 12:48:59 AM »
Probably Half-fey (FF).  Half-fey is +4 Cha (and maybe +2 Wis?), and is only +1 LA.  I think Saint (BoED) might give +2 Wis, but that might be +2 LA; can't remember of the top of my noggin.
Half fey is actually +2 la but is still good due to the nice slas and flight.  Phrenic is also good for similar reasons.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #547 on: December 14, 2009, 01:07:02 AM »
Half fey is actually +2 la but is still good due to the nice slas and flight.  Phrenic is also good for similar reasons.
This will be added to a dragonborn raptoran, so flight is unnessisary
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #548 on: December 14, 2009, 01:16:15 AM »
This will be added to a dragonborn raptoran, so flight is unnessisary
Never underestimate the power of at-will Charm Person.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #549 on: December 14, 2009, 10:33:20 AM »
Q155 Is there any item that grants a bonus to all Knowledge checks, or all Int Checks?

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #550 on: December 14, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »
Q155 Is there any item that grants a bonus to all Knowledge checks, or all Int Checks?

+int items? :P

sorry I know they exist but I'm heading to one of my finals. I'll try to find it when I get back  :(

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #551 on: December 14, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »
A 155

Well, you could probably get the DM to accept a Circle of Persuasion variant that gives bonuses to Int checks instead of Cha checks.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »
A 155

Well, you could probably get the DM to accept a Circle of Persuasion variant that gives bonuses to Int checks instead of Cha checks.

Is it on MIC?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #553 on: December 14, 2009, 12:32:47 PM »
Circlet of Persuasion is DMG and SRD.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #554 on: December 14, 2009, 02:23:42 PM »

Tome of Ancient Lore does I believe, but I like http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a made into a Continuous Item ; ) for 24k. Yay for the magic item creation rules.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #555 on: December 14, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »
Q156 The bluff bonus from feycraft is untyped; do multiple feycraft items grant the bonus?
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #556 on: December 14, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »
Q156 The bluff bonus from feycraft is untyped; do multiple feycraft items grant the bonus?
I believe it falls under the "same source do not stack" ruling, but that's potentially arguable that "Source" relates to item, not "type" of item. My interpretation of the rule is "They do not stack", but I could be wrong.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #557 on: December 14, 2009, 03:16:37 PM »
Q157: Would a Caster with the Swashbuckler's Insightful Strike ability be able to add their Intelligence modifier to damage with touch spells?
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

NeverGetDrunkButStaySober

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #558 on: December 14, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »
A157: Yes, as unarmed attacks are valid for Weapon Finesse. (To expand on this, I recall a lengthy discussion of whether Insightful Strike was valid on ranged weapons if they was valid melee targets of Weapon Finesse.)

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #559 on: December 14, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »
Q158:In what book would I find Cardemine Monk? The best reference I can find is that it's from Forgotten Realms, but I can't find it in any of my FR books.
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer