Author Topic: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer  (Read 166247 times)

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: *NEW* Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »
Q42 What is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything? More seriously, what is the earliest level someone can get Wild Shape as a class feature (ie, discounting Divine Minion antics)?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2009, 09:12:13 AM »
Q42 What is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything? More seriously, what is the earliest level someone can get Wild Shape as a class feature (ie, discounting Divine Minion antics)?

African Wild Shape or European Wild Shape?  And the answer is...FOURTY TWO!  Seriously, if ACF Wild Shape qualifies, a Druid or SS Ranger 1 can with Shapeshift.  If not...no idea.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Frost Wolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2009, 11:30:39 AM »
Q38--- The Faen (and spryte) race from Arcana Unearthed: What would be good replacement 3.x spells for its SLAs? I'd like to use one in my game.
What spell-like abilities do they have normally?
From the Faen race and it's Spryte racial class, they get the following.
Detect magic, Ghost Sound, Lesser Glowglobe, (<- faen)
Charm (heightened), Invisibility, dispel magic, greater teleport, suggestion, unknown (self only) (<-spryte)

The thing is, some of those spells are handled a bit differently in AE, and I'm not even sure Unknown has an equivilent.

TunFiskeMad

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »
Q43: If I use Expanded Knowledge to gain "Bite of the wolf" does it scale with psion levels ?

Thinking about this line in the power:

"Based on your psychic warrior level, your bite increases in ferocity as noted here: at 5th level your bite deals an extra 1d8 points of damage, at 10th level an extra 2d8, at 15th level an extra 3d8, and at 20th level an extra 4d8 points."

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
Q43: If I use Expanded Knowledge to gain "Bite of the wolf" does it scale with psion levels ?

Thinking about this line in the power:

"Based on your psychic warrior level, your bite increases in ferocity as noted here: at 5th level your bite deals an extra 1d8 points of damage, at 10th level an extra 2d8, at 15th level an extra 3d8, and at 20th level an extra 4d8 points."

By the strictest reading, no, but ask your DM.

Giblets

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
Q 44 In the SRD persistent spell is in the divine section but the only prereq is extend spell. Is that really all you need is extend spell to take persistent spell?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2009, 04:57:52 PM »
A44: yes.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2009, 07:00:05 PM »
---found it myself---
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
Q45: I'm trying for early entry into Knight of the Weave. It needs spontaneously casting 3rd level spells. I was qualifying with Wizard 5 and Spontaneous Dispelling, but I need to cut back two levels.

Wizard 3, Sanctum Spell, and some way to spontaneously cast a second level spell should do it, right? I know there is Spontaneous Summoning but I really don't want to be Specialized Conjurer. Any other ideas?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2009, 09:09:57 PM »
Q45: I'm trying for early entry into Knight of the Weave. It needs spontaneously casting 3rd level spells. I was qualifying with Wizard 5 and Spontaneous Dispelling, but I need to cut back two levels.

Wizard 3, Sanctum Spell, and some way to spontaneously cast a second level spell should do it, right? I know there is Spontaneous Summoning but I really don't want to be Specialized Conjurer. Any other ideas?

A45 : There is also Illusion Mastery, though I don't know if that provides spontaneous use?  It would qualify you for Signature Spell though, assuming you're high enough of level (can't remember those prereq's).  Also, there's always the Dragonblood Pool.  Uh...Illusionist 3/KotW 1/Ultimate Magus 10/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Shadow Adept 1 maybe?  Would be casting as an Illusionist 19/Knight of the Weave 8, with a CL of 23/12 and plenty of extra slots to power even more metamagic on Shadow Illusions.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »
A45 : There is also Illusion Mastery, though I don't know if that provides spontaneous use?  It would qualify you for Signature Spell though, assuming you're high enough of level (can't remember those prereq's).  Also, there's always the Dragonblood Pool.  Uh...Illusionist 3/KotW 1/Ultimate Magus 10/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Shadow Adept 1 maybe?  Would be casting as an Illusionist 19/Knight of the Weave 8, with a CL of 23/12 and plenty of extra slots to power even more metamagic on Shadow Illusions.

KotW is actually explicitly against Shadow Magic! I'm going Wizard 3/Spelltheif 1/KotW 1/Ultimate Magus 10/Exalted Arcanist 5. It gives me 9th level spells from wizard, 6th level spells from KotW, and a caster level of 33 for both classes. EA is there so I can go nuts with Holy Word.

A feat that would let me qualify would be best, as I can just retrain it later.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2009, 09:44:32 PM »

KotW is actually explicitly against Shadow Magic! I'm going Wizard 3/Spelltheif 1/KotW 1/Ultimate Magus 10/Exalted Arcanist 5. It gives me 9th level spells from wizard, 6th level spells from KotW, and a caster level of 33 for both classes. EA is there so I can go nuts with Holy Word.

A feat that would let me qualify would be best, as I can just retrain it later.

Mystra is also explicitly for subsuming the Shadow Weave ;)  Tis what the Twice Betrayer is based on, actually.  If you can use one of the methods mentioned to be considered spontaneous, you can get in with Versatile Spellcaster, using two 2nd level slots to make a 3rd level slot.  I do like the Holy Word idea though, even if it's not shadow miracles :P  The Shadow Adept dip isn't needed, and could be replaced with Mindbender or something.  SCM was for versatility and raw power, not to mention if you felt like blowing shit up from time to time :P  I know it wasn't the main focus of the TS TO operation (which has evolved into a Ritual of Alignment native outsider...), but a total of 360% effective reality (20th level slot, +20% SCM 5, +20% feat) spells PAIN with a nice high cap or no cap blast spell.  Especially with CL 40 (or higher with gear).
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »
I was going to just take Sanctum Spell, but Versatile Spellcaster might be worth taking instead.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »
I was going to just take Sanctum Spell, but Versatile Spellcaster might be worth taking instead.

Depends on if you're going to later abuse SS for adding more metamagic.  If you're focusing on that, SS is superior.  If not, getting more high level slots is always good.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

reganok

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »
Q46: Assuming you top out Suel Arcanamech, then proceed into Legacy Champion, would legacy champion continue to advance spell progression (seeing as it tops out at level 5 spells)? Or is spell progression not one of those things that can be extended beyond the original class?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »
Q46: Assuming you top out Suel Arcanamech, then proceed into Legacy Champion, would legacy champion continue to advance spell progression (seeing as it tops out at level 5 spells)? Or is spell progression not one of those things that can be extended beyond the original class?

A46 : Well, I'm inclined to say it wouldn't, as there's nothing stating it has a spell progression beyond 5th level spells.  However, if the DM lets it fly, go for it.  I'd almost recommend Knight of the Weave instead, however, as it progresses to 6th level spells in the same number of levels, meaning you'd get 9's :)

Q47 : Do the Eldritch Disciple and Eldritch Theurge in their "spellcasting" section state "+1 Warlock Level" or "+1 Invocation Using Class Level" along side the "+1 Arcane/Divine Spellcasting Class Level?"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:29:59 PM by KellKheraptis »
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »
Q47 : Do the Eldritch Disciple and Eldritch Theurge in their "spellcasting" section state "+1 Warlock Level" or "+1 Invocation Using Class Level" along side the "+1 Arcane/Divine Spellcasting Class Level?"
A47
"+1 invocation-using class"
so yeah, not necessarily restricted to warlock (I'm assuming that you're thinking dragonfire adept?)

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2009, 11:50:15 PM »
A47
so yeah, not necessarily restricted to warlock (I'm assuming that you're thinking dragonfire adept?)

Oh no...just feeling a little blasty today...I hear hellfire gets kinda warm this time of year...and that new band Warlock is supposed to be playing.  :)
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2009, 12:31:58 AM »
Q48 Way to be immune to AMF?

Invoke Magic
Initiate of Mystra
IHS (kinda)

What else?

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2009, 12:32:25 AM »
A47

Oh no...just feeling a little blasty today...I hear hellfire gets kinda warm this time of year...and that new band Warlock is supposed to be playing.  :)
hmmm.
I can see maybe getting the EB progression, but as far as invocations go, that particular PrC also only advances as per "previous class".   :shrug

(of course, that would be subject to your interpretation -- YMMV)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:38:32 AM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.