Author Topic: Stargate?  (Read 12815 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Re: Stargate?
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »
Yeah, that works.  2 grenades, frag or ammunition type if you've got a gun for one.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »
Cool :)

Should have mechanics/sheet done somewhere this week.
Fluff should hopefully be done somewhere next weekend :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »
KSBSnowowl i'm looking at the computers and trying to find something that is kind of in between what they have listed. A notebook is 5lbs and medium sized. While a card computer is - and diminutive PL6 item from d20 Future. I was wanting a PDA sized device, probably worn on the fore arm like a bracer, to use for my computer stuff. If possible can you point me to something that would work for that, or if not it isn't a big deal i'm just trying to keep weight down and not have to lug a big-ish computer. Also would display glasses be ok they are in D20 Future under the PL5 items, essentially sunglasses with a screen build in.

Guys just keep in mind i'll be very close to a medium load for my character due to the weight of all of the kits i'm carrying. I'll take what I can while we travel. Hopefully with my skills and kits it will allow us to be somewhat self sufficient if we are stuck somewhere for a while.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
If Alastar is still going for that melee guy he can probably help you carry some of that stuff :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »
Well, keep in mind that this is 1998 - 1999 that we're talking about here.  Even 5 years past that point a large majority of the laptops, etc, were large and bulky.  You can certainly have something akin to a PDA, but it won't be as functional as a laptop would be.  Just because we've scavenged several items from beyond the gate (mostly weapons), that doesn't translate into anything close to PL6, or even late PL5 for most human-crafted items. At least not yet.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »
no problem. I was just asking rather than assuming on any of it.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2009, 06:38:04 PM »
Indeed :lol

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2009, 06:55:26 PM »
Is there still room?
Why not?  What you thinking of making for a character?
if possible, an Unis (or how ever you spell it)
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »
Is there still room?
Why not?  What you thinking of making for a character?
if possible, an Unis (or how ever you spell it)

Unas
. BTW the site i linked to is wonderful for finding out info from the series.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »
Eh, Humans and Jaffa are as far as I'm willing to go for player characters related to the SGC.  Unas would be stretching the bounds of credulity too far for me.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »
KSB would you check out my sheet and make sure all I have is fine. If there is anything that i might have forgotten let me know as well please, second set of eyes line of thought.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »
Then maybe a human scientincy/survival type...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2009, 11:40:34 PM »
Okay, so I've settled on the normal racial abilities of a Jaffa.

+2 Strength, +2 Constitution
Type: Humanoid (genetically altered human)
Jaffa gain 4 fewer skill points at first level, and 1 fewer skill point at every level beyond first
Jaffa gain only 1 feat at first level based on their Hit Die; they can still gain extra feats from occupations, as normal.
Symbiote:  Jaffa carry an immature gou'ald in a specialized pouch located in their torsos, just above their navels.  The symbiote has stats similar to a 2 HD tsochar (exact stats will be posted later), and it replaces and enhances the Jaffa's immune system, granting the Ultra Immune System feat (d20Future).  The symbiote also provides the Jaffa with an extended adult lifespan (specifics to be determined later, old age at around 150+ years), and exceptional healing.  A Jaffa with a symbiote heals vitality damage, wound damage, and ability damage at twice the rate of a human.
Symbiote dependant:  A symbiote replaces the immune system of an adult Jaffa.  If the Jaffa's symbiote is removed he will quickly weaken, sicken, and die.  After the symbiote's removal the Jaffa must make a DC 20 Fortitude save.  If successful he is disabled, though his wound points remain at their previous level until he makes an attack action to cause him to lose one wound point.  If the save fails, the Jaffa is nauseated and can only take one move action per round.  The Jaffa must succeed on this save any time he wishes to perform anything other than a move action.  The Jaffa also immediately loses his +2 racial bonus to Strength.  Ten minutes after the symbiote's removal the Jaffa takes 1 point of Constitution damage.  He takes 1 point of Constitution damage every 10 minutes thereafter until the symbiote is replaced (either with a symbiote or a treatment of tretonin), or the Jaffa dies.

I'll figure out tretonin rules later - that's still several years away at this point.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2009, 01:30:35 AM »
Archangel Arcanis, I looked over your sheet and it looks good at first pass.  Few things I noticed:

- Fatigues are 3 lbs (you don't have a weight listed)
- you misspelled Egyptian
- under your feats, after your occupation, there is a "Co" (I'm assuming just a typo)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2009, 01:43:55 AM »
Vinom I was doing a science type for this, but if you want that role you can have it (i have a million ideas floating in my head right now).

I think in general we should get a role call on who is in and what they want to do and work to make a balanced team, like the SGC would do.

Correct me if i'm wrong or missing any one:
BowenSilverclaw - Heavy weapons?? (Looks like M4 Burst fire from sheet) Likes Grenade launcher from the looks of it.
J0lt - Point man /sniper support?
Vinom - Science/Survival type
Archangel.Arcanis - Currently a Science guy, but willing to change.
Alastar - Jaffa Melee guy
ksbsnowowl - DMPC Double taper (entering later)

After listing everything i see no anthropologist or language/culture person (besides the Jaffa knowing his own). Not sure how KSB is going to run it so if that is important or not will be up to him. I could also make a heavy weapons or full auto guy and let Vinom have the science roll, i would be interested in carrying a Beowulf (WL57). It is a .50 cal assault rifle, gives up ammo capacity for bigger damage, and looks like M16 from the picture. If full auto i would probably carry a SAW of some kind, haven't looked through the weapons locker for something like that yet.

seeing KSB's post here are my responces:
Quote from: SRD
The clothes a character wears does not count against the weight limit for encumbrance.
it is under the description of the clothing, that is why no weight is listed.

Egyptian is should have been removed i moved the ranks away from that and thought i had removed it. (now removed)

The Co is because there is computer use also on that line, my occupation had 3 skills but no feats.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 02:23:01 AM by archangel.arcanis »

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2009, 02:01:30 AM »
I'm thinking a guy with a PhD in Botany, Gaiology, Zoology, Evolutionary developmental biology, and Medical science... the kind of guy who trusts his own remedies above what companies chug out, an out door's man and an exentric.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2009, 02:22:07 AM »
Ok. so i guess we won't be that similar after all since mine is more of a physics, chemistry, and tech guy.

We just don't have a cultures guy which i think is fine, as not every team can have Daniel Jackson.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2009, 02:29:26 AM »
My character will understand pre bronze age cultures, but not their languids...

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »
Eh, everyone speaks english anyway :P

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2009, 03:23:49 AM »
Eh, everyone speaks english anyway :P
You doesn't