Author Topic: OOC banter  (Read 189623 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: OOC banter
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »
G-Fu back at neutral ;)

~Bowen
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »
Hm, level 1 pearls of power are not expensive at all... I can get snazzy earrings for a couple grands and have up to 5 rhino rushes a day with 4 pearls (they are unslotted right ?)

That would then probably get more use than the Animal domain power (+6 str is nice but more damage on a charge is really handy). Also, I like the sound of the word Wrath. Fits the character much better than doing animalities. I'd get no use at all from the domain granted power, but rhino's rush is worth it.

As for battle jump, it seems to work with natural flying, so it could work. I could get triple damage on "flying charges", and up to X4 with rhino's rush... It does help a lot with the damage department. I guess I will take "Extra granted maneuver" off, and pick it up later.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2008, 02:26:58 AM »
Just remember it's a standard action to use the pearl, so it's not as effective in the middle of combat...
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2008, 07:46:10 AM »
Yep, just use Rhino's Rush for your alpha strike and pray that the awesomeness of Battle Jump will be enough for the rest of the combat :P

EDIT: Llochlyn, make sure to pick up a Pectoral of Greater Maneuverability from the Draconomicon to make the most of your aerial combat strategies and maneuvers :)

~Bowen
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 07:48:18 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
Well, pearl of power both Updraft and Rhino's rush in between encounters seems like a good preparation.

For the pectoral, I haven't got draconomicon but as the "not greater" one costs 12K, erm, it's going to have to wait a bit. But yeah, good stuff, might save some feats

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2008, 03:28:13 AM »
Tshern, I know you gave Dispater some domains, but does he actually count as a god? I.e. Can I be an ur-priest of a sect aiming at elevating his Iron Grace to godhood?
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
He is not a god, he is a cosmic entity. Go ahead with that flavour.

Handy Links

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
I was reminded I can't fly in heavy armour. I'll work a way around that in the next few days, and it will probably include some equipment shuffle.

Races of the Dragon p101 is wro-o-hooooong, checked FAQ and all. All clear.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 05:45:44 PM by Llochlyn »

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
That sucks. Mithral fullplate then?

But remember peeps, no hurry, I will be spending Friday and Saturday out of town and possibly the beginning of Sunday as well and then crawl to work after the huge Midsummer festivities. Don't expect me to make any final checks before Monday.

Handy Links

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2008, 06:19:48 PM »
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=60310

Here's a first draft. If you see any problem, please let me know.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
Where is Metal intolerance from? I expect to see a great fluff seeing that you are intolerant to metal in the realm of eternal iron. I am not shooting this down, I just want to see a nice story for this.

Also, Ardent? Are you meaning something else than the psionic class? If so, where is it located?

Handy Links

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2008, 07:49:28 PM »
Where is Metal intolerance from? I expect to see a great fluff seeing that you are intolerant to metal in the realm of eternal iron. I am not shooting this down, I just want to see a nice story for this.

Also, Ardent? Are you meaning something else than the psionic class? If so, where is it located?

Damn you are right about the iron. I don't want to make a crazy story, i prefer to swap it for an other flaw. It's from a dragon magazine.

Ardent is ardent dilletante (or something like that) from planar handbook.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2008, 10:27:38 PM »
Is Domain wizard generally considered cheese, or can I use it?  Also, once you have a class skill, is it a class skill for all classes?  Meaning can I spend skill points from wizard on Spot, or something?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 09:03:39 AM by Irthos Levethix »
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

JanusJones

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2008, 01:19:44 AM »
I'm out of my work-hole, and here's a sweet 12th level game . . .

No room, is there?   :love

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2008, 10:37:50 AM »
When one of your classes gives you a class skills, it sets the cap a level + 3 ranks. You still have to spend 2 skill points to raise it by one if it's not a class skill for that level (unless you use able learner)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »
I'm out of my work-hole, and here's a sweet 12th level game . . .

No room, is there?   :love
Sorry man, as much as I'd love to have you as a player we're all full here. Even sold the first reservation spot to skydragonknight. I could co-DM another version of this game though, but I can't do that alone, that'd be way beyond my capabilities.

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2008, 12:18:57 PM »
Is Domain wizard generally considered cheese, or can I use it?  Also, once you have a class skill, is it a class skill for all classes?  Meaning can I spend skill points from wizard on Spot, or something?
Well. the skill thing got explained by by Llochlyn already :) As for the Domain Wizard thing, I don't see a problem with it, go ahead. I may even use it myself as well, I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it :P

~Bowen

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2008, 01:06:41 PM »
Can someone answer my question in "Ask a simple Question"?  And I still think the Split Ray Ray of Ice thing would trigger a SA on the 2nd ray, being as I roll 2 attack rolls.  What say you, DM?

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
OOC banter
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »
Can someone answer my question in "Ask a simple Question"?  And I still think the Split Ray Ray of Ice thing would trigger a SA on the 2nd ray, being as I roll 2 attack rolls.  What say you, DM?
I'm not Tshern, but IIRC you only apply SA once to spells such as Scorching Ray or Twinned/Split Ray'd ray spells that give you multiple attack rolls according to the volley rules (I believe they're in the Complete Arcane, not sure though...)

~Bowen

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2008, 02:12:34 PM »
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=60558
Thats what I have up so far, there's a buttload of stuff on a notebook at home though.  Tshern, do you want me to convert it to the format for this board, or is that okay?  I totally ripped that from Dictum, just looked less time-consuming.

Btw, I know that you can't apply SA dice to more than one ray.  With the Ray of Ice, I think that the first ray would freeze them to the ground, denying Dex, making the 2nd ray a Sneak Attack.  Now, they're fired simultaneously, but I have to roll twice.  The fact that I make 2 attack rolls makes me think that since he would be denied his Dex once he got stuck to the ground, the 2nd ray would be a Sneak Attack.  I just wanted more than one opinion from the guy on the Simple Question thread.

Also, do you guys think the Dark template is worth it?  +1 LA for Hide in Plain Sight, basicly, with a couple other goodies.  Could synergize really well with being a sniper, as long as I pump up Hide.  Has pretty good flavor, too, being a Dark Tiefling working for Dispater.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:45:51 PM by Irthos Levethix »