Author Topic: Setting info, rules, etc  (Read 2274 times)

mans0011

• Curious George
  • Too much Aizen Hate to go around....
Setting info, rules, etc
« on: November 17, 2009, 12:55:31 AM »
OKay, expect this to be edited and updated later. But also this is our game, not just MY game that you get to glimpse. So we're going to have a bit of a discussion about what we all want out of this (the stuff I asked you on facebook).
OOC-well for that matter he could just ride on my sword, that's about 15' ;)
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

Geistigel

• Noob
    • Email
Re: Setting info, rules, etc
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:00:31 AM »
Well you know how I am, I want to start crunching the numbers. What clvl are we starting at and have we come to any conclusions about wealth of our characters and magic in Arcadia? I seem to get the impression that we are of mid wealth, but I don't think anyone has made a definitive statement about how they want the magic. My basic point is that I have several ideas for different characters and some more details would allow me to decide and scratch that char building itch. Also I am curious to find out what Danny is thinking because I would like to collaborate with him on char builds and backgrounds. I am assuming that our chars have known each other for a while and I would like us to be familiar with each other's histories so we can get into character better. I think thats it for now.

Geistigel

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:03 AM »
Oh and point buy or roll?

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 11:50:16 AM »
Just checking this before work. Actually, this is more like OOC chatter stuff. Character sheet should be pretty much just your character sheet and any relevant rolling information (not X... ;-P)

Also, I'm liking your ideas about the geography, demography, etc. Keep it coming.

And I like that Eli 'pines' for the forests. bwahahaha
OOC - That's what SHE said!  But, otherwise, that works for me, if you guys are willing.

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
Okay, here's what I'm thinking so far:

• 32 Point buy
  • One, free +1 LA
  • Magic items will need to be major quests or made, at great personal cost to the creator
  • The only major non-human race is Gnomes. This leaves us some work-around, however, with making Goliaths = Humans, for Paddie. Dunno what to do, yet, about yours, Danny
  • Starting level 1
  • Still need to flesh out the magic stuff. Every bit of magic is going to be either Sun or Moon, though they are essentially the same. Divine and Arcane are going to still be in place, but we're going to refer to them less and less. I'll go over this more in a separate post
  • Most 'monsters' are going to be non-intelligent, otherwise you'll mostly be fighting humanoids.

Sorry, I'll get into the major plot hook soon. My mind is a little frazzled right now, I've been working on this for like 6 hours straight and I need a break. So things I need to work on for you are:

• Magic (unless you REALLY don't plan to use it, but it's still nice to know how it works in the world
  • Plot hook (Including relationship to and experience with Alden (your liege)
  • Can you think of anything else? Again, my brain is fried at the moment
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:33:45 PM by mans0011 »

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »
  • The only major non-human race is Gnomes. This leaves us some work-around, however, with making Goliaths = Humans, for Paddie. Dunno what to do, yet, about yours, Danny

Wood Elves could possibly exist. There are HUGE forests in this World. Just know that they are going to be a super minor part of the plot. They are super-reclusive and are not major world-players. Perhaps even a remnant of lost civilizations. I could see this as working. Keep in mind that you would be extremely exotic, lol. And I kinda want to buff you up, because half-elves fuckin' suck.

Geistigel

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 02:41:16 AM »
I like the world but I'm going to make some editorial notes. First being in the original hook you gave to Danny and I. You said we were experienced men at arms more or less, but if we are starting at clvl 1 that is incongruous. So from that point I would say we are just starting in the service of Alden. That seems like a minor fix seeing as though we have to embark on only a clvl 1 type quest, if you want us to be more important to our liege Alden I suggest that we aren't experienced but more valued for our potential.

As far as Danny's character is concerned my suggestion as to how to handle it goes as such: If you allow the elves as a remnant of the old civilization then only local populations would truly know they exist. Danny already said in his background that his wood elf mother's people were a secluded people and that Elijah feels akin to them and so forth. It would make sense to me that Elijah can pass as a human for the most part and doesn't reveal to the general populous what his heritage is (I'd like to know your thoughts on that Danny).

Now I am going to talk rules about my character. I know you are giving us a free +1lvl adjustment but I feel bad taking it if Danny isn't. I am assuming that the Stahlmen are a mountinous group akin to the Goliaths, as such I wouldn't mind being a human with the racial traits of a Goliath. I wouldn't take the stat adjustments or the Powerful Build trait but I would take the rest. If you think it is fair to take Powerful Build I will, but I will refuse to take the stat adjustment unless Danny gets a similar bonus to something. Also, if we are truly starting at clvl 1 then I will change my age to match the backtrack I feel is appropriate for my character starting service with Alden, which is around 16-18 years of age.

The last simple point I want to make is that my earlier point about our clvl and how it affects our status in the world matters to how much wealth we have. Both Elijah and Dracken come from somewhat impoverished backgrounds.

mans0011

• Curious George
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
I am going to edit this a little bit. For one, I want to use a lot of Frank and K's material (Wish economy, etc)
Check it out