Author Topic: Dispatching a message - Game thread (Post stuff here)  (Read 59417 times)

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
Re: Dispatching a message - Game thread (Post stuff here)
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »
[spoiler]Rolled 31 knowledge the planes :D and invisible castle seems to work for me again ^-^[/spoiler]

Wai-Mazzi-wha-? Who comes up with those names anyway. Ok, so, if that guy is dead, shouldn't that stony thingy be activated? I really don't like guys with torches and sticks hanging around me, especially if they are followers of some obscure mystical diabolic figure :eh
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2009, 09:34:57 PM »
OOC: Not some obscure mystical diabolical figure, but the most/second most powerful devil that has ever existed. A devil so powerful that he actually created all devils of pit fiend rank and lower.

Handy Links

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2009, 01:07:54 AM »
"I don't believe our quarry is dead, merely misplaced.  And while this trophy is interesting, it would not excuse a failure in this mission.  I warn you all, I am ill prepared against that wall of flesh.  We must find another way.  Perhaps the church will yield some clues?" Syris telepaths.

[spoiler=OOC]What exactly happened with the other devil?  He said he was leaving, but how?  Did he teleport away?[/spoiler]
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2009, 01:38:52 AM »
Fine. We don't have much time. Let us check the church quickly. Should nothing yield a clue to its location, we can always move back and possibly attempt some other manner of determining its location.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »
"Very well, I shall return once again...."  With a sneer, he whispered an arcane word, and the trophy disappeared into his robes.  Without another sound, Syris vanished into the the night, leaving a trace of brimstone in the air.

[spoiler]
Okay, I'm gonna go back to the church, and search it thoroughly.  I dont know how big it is, Tshern, but I'm going to use charges of Spontaneous Search to effectively cover the entire thing.  It goes in a 20ft burst, so I'm even going to teleport/climb on walls to get the most out it.  Taking the 10, I've got a 39.  So, just tell me how many charges I need to deduct.[/spoiler]

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2009, 06:33:01 PM »
"Very well, we'll be waiting. Try not to take too long." Morthos grins.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »
Syris moved to the castle and only minutes later he found a few scrolls from a room that smelled like death or, rather, undead. It was evident that the evil skeleton they faced had lived there, but only these srolls and the terrible scent proved this to be true.

The room had high windows painted full of icons and patrons, but even true the cornucopia of colours Syris saw how the endless sea of light grew brighter and the name Lightbringer was not a surprise anymore.

[spoiler]The devil teleported immediately after he stopped talking to you.

Urgh, I am *not* going to count the volume of the church, so reduce eight charges. The scrolls are Disintegrate, Teleport and Radiant assault.

Give me your special senses, Irthos. Darkvision? Blindsight? Something?[/spoiler]

Handy Links

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
[spoiler=Senses]See in magical darkness, darkvision 60ft, and if I use my collar I gain superior low-light vision[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »
[spoiler]Nevermind then, you remain oblivious to whatever I had in mind. Do continue with in character actions.[/spoiler]

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2009, 07:54:23 PM »
*Any interesting things you've found yet, Syris?* Morthos asks telepathically.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 06:50:18 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2009, 08:46:11 PM »
"A few spell scrolls, and some art decor in honor of Lucifer the Imposter, and the stench of undeath.  This is fruitless." Syris replied to his allies.  Teleporting back, he began to rummage through the skeletal remains of the mage for any clues that his partners may have missed.  "Are any of these useful to you, Morthos?" he asked, handing the scrolls over.

[spoiler]K, I'll take 20 searching this bastard, if our time constraints allow.  Also, I forgot that I have Arcane Sight up, so if whatever you may have had in mind had a magical aura, I'd have caught it.  One can hope :)[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2009, 01:04:18 AM »
[spoiler]Taking 20 on search is slow business. However, if you want to do it, I can already tell you won't find anything.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:49:55 PM by Tshern »

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2009, 06:51:49 AM »
"I can most certainly put these to good use, but aren't you just as proficient in their use yourself, Syris?" Morthos asks after quickly looking over the scrolls.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: January 24, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »
Looking at the pile of bones with disgust, Syris turned to his companions."Aye, I am.  Perhaps I will study the Radiant Assault later;  right now, we have more important matters to address.  Talsor, Ash, do either of you have any suggestions for a course of action?  Perhaps a trick hidden up your sleeve?  Now would be the time to share."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: January 24, 2009, 02:40:57 PM »
"Indeed, it would be best to decide on a course of action now that we've still got a little time until that horde arrives." Morthos comments.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »
Without a clue as to the location of our target, I am ill prepared to locate him at this moment. Should we withdraw, we would surely be able use our power to magically locate it tomorrow.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2009, 04:38:06 PM »
"I agree, and a good night's rest should give us renewed vigor to continue our mission. So, where do you suggest we go to to prepare for tomorrow, Talsor?"

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2009, 07:37:08 PM »
Not back to the second layer. Not yet. Talsor turns to Syris, Are you familiar with the area?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
[spoiler]1d20+10=19 for Knowledge Local[/spoiler]

"Not very.  Do we have any way of shadowing this approaching mob, for intel purposes?  I am very curious as to what their goal is..."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
"I don't have any Invisibility or similar spells prepared, do any of you have them available at the moment? Aside from that, we don't know of the sensory capabilities of any potential casters in that horde, so we can't be entirely sure we won't be detected if we follow them."