Author Topic: Dispatching a message - Game thread (Post stuff here)  (Read 59285 times)

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: Dispatching a message - Game thread (Post stuff here)
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »
Yes. It. Was. Talsor practically growls from between clenched teeth.  At least his death was swift... He mutters as he launches himself at the undead monstrosity. Telepathy <Klovis, if your beast can breath flame, bring down hell on this monstrosity. I am immune to flame.>

As Talsor leaps into the attack, he slashes out thrice with his guisarme and almost chuckles as the devilish beard attacks on its own.

[spoiler]Knowledge Devotion, with collector of stories: 1d20+27=41; So +5 Attack/Damage

Power Attack for 2. Charging Pounce. 1d20+20=28, 1d20+18=33, 1d20+13=14, 1d20+17=34 So my third Guisarme auto-misses... Crap, I forgot the +5, so that's 33, 38, and 39 for my three attacks that didn't auto-fail.

Damage, in order: 3d6+29=40, 3d6+29=37, 1d8+20=24; 101 damage total.

Also, Talsor has Thicket of Blades active, in case the undead does anything. He has 3 AoO per round. AC is 25 after charging.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
OOC : the penalty is automatically -6. If my foes fail a DC 23 check against fear (effectively a 29 with the -6), they are shaken, thus, adding another -2. If I feel like teasing them a bit, the DC 19 (27 if everything worked) hexblade curse can stack yet another -2. Finally I can stun with my weapon, for a little more debuff. Joy !

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »
None of Talsor's attack never hit the hostile spellcaster, who vanishes into air before the first swing strikes true.

OOC: Klovis sees that the dude appeared to the graveyard behind the temple. I assume you inform everyone telepathically. The effect was Dimension door.

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »
OOC: Son of a bitch  :fo

:P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »
OOC: Yeah, pretty much. 
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »
Dispater Fucking Damnit!
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2008, 07:42:33 PM »
Outside Klovis sees something fascinating coming from the east. Thousands upon thousands of torches and candles were being carried towards the village, though they must still be miles away. In spite of the distance a pompous voice reached the Klovis' ears. The sound was clear and infernal "The order is the only avenue to pursuit! Our Lord has shown as the way, let us march to the eventual victory and destroy everything that stands before us! We are but an extension of our Lord's power, let us do his will!"

Handy Links

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2008, 11:42:46 AM »
Llyd stands in awe and squeals.

What happened ? What do we do now ?

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2008, 08:07:10 AM »
OOC: knowledge devotion: 1d20 + 11 skill mod + 10 lore of the gods + 5 collector of stories = 29

Ash mumbles Fuck! while running to the nearest window. For a brief moment he stands there concentrating and then shouts through the telepathy link Quickly try to spot him! Klovis, do you see him anywhere?

OOC: standard action: activate evil's blessing (cha mod to saves for 5 rounds). move action: movement to the nearest window.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
OOC: There is a window 20ft from the door leading to the graveyard. If you have 30ft movement speed, you'll make it.

Initiatives:
[spoiler]For easy reference, here are the initiatives again:
-Mister_Sinister: 25
-Bowen:23
-Your newly appeared enemy: 22
-Irthos: 21
-Ingham: 14
-AC: 11 (better modifier)
-DM: 11 (crappier modifier)
-Llochlyn: 8[/spoiler]

Your turn Llochlyn!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:53:30 PM by Tshern »

Handy Links

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2008, 05:44:06 PM »
Llyd runs to the door, and some kind of shadow materializes alongside him, a mockery of his own bulky silhouette, moving at the same pace.

OOC : I should be right at the door.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2008, 07:02:45 AM »
OOC: Show us what Klovis can do, Mister_Sinister :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2008, 12:39:22 PM »
I am ready. Hellborn, let us fly.

With this, Hellborn dove from the skies toward the spellcaster, her mouth opening wide in anticipation of this tasty treat. Klovis, however, merely readies his lance for the charge, his face calm.

Hear me, sorcerer! You shall fight none but me, or suffer my wrath!

[spoiler]Ok, lotsa diceage. Ride checks to use both hands and permit me to attack as well as my mount - 1d20 22=27, 1d20 22=30. No issues. Charge, bullrushing with Hellborn, while Klovis will use a swift action to challenge the bastard.

Klovis will take a 2 point PA, Hellborn a 5-pointer. Klovis' attack roll: 1d20 20=27. Pretty disgusting, really. Damage, if it connects, is 3d8 2d6 27=58, 10 of which is unholy, in case it matters.

As for Hellborn, she's a bull-rushing as part of this whole trick. As she has Improved Bull Rush, no AOO is provoked. Her check result is 1d20 17=25, which likely wins. Due to Domino Rush working, he'll be pushed in a diagonal. Her attack roll is 1d20 17=21, which is not likely to hit much. If it does, by some weird miracle, her damage is 2d6 1d6 13=29, 6 of which is cold damage.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:14:53 PM by Mister_Sinister »

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »
OOC: Your initiative is 2 points higher than mine (25 vs. 23), Tshern just listed them in the wrong order...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:03:39 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »
OOC: Noted, post amended.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Tshern, can I move to a position which will allow me to cover all my allies in the church with Haste, seeing as Ash has already moved to a window (distance between me and Ash would be 30 ft. and between me and the nearest member of the rest of the group would also be 30 ft., right? :flirt)? If so, I'll do that and cast Haste on all of us, if not I'll cast Haste on everyone I can include (probably only excluding Ash and ofcourse Klovis and Hellborn) and then move towards the door (move 90 if flying).[/spoiler]

Morthos decides to aid his allies, who are probably better equiped to deal with an undead at the moment. "Let your actions be swift and accurate."
He then flies swiftly to the door.

Haste:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:20:31 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »
Klovis' furious charge is about to reach its climax, but a mere blink from the vile undead gave him a moment of peace and yet another obstacle for the party to overcome. No Klovis was not facing a single spellcaster, but a spellcaster and eight magical illusions of him. However, the charge was not a complete failure, the first strike from Klovis' erased one of the magical figments, but Hellborn did not strike true.

OOC:
OOC: Your initiative is 2 points higher than mine (25 vs. 23), Tshern just listed them in the wrong order...
Fixed. I'll post IC tonight.

DC 19 to recognize Greater mirror image.

Mister Sinister: What is the DC of your challenge and what are its consequences? Also, your rolls really, really sucked. Have you made your dice angry?

Edit: Bowen: Feel free to change your actions, your turn come after the mirror images appear.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 05:59:08 PM by Tshern »

Handy Links

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
The fanatical chanting in the background grows stronger and some drums started playing making the sound even more definite and orderly than before. In spite of the hectic fight and its noise, there was no question who did the chants promote even though his real name was never mentioned: The Lightbringer. None of the heroes remember an occasion of hearing a vast army of Hell, much less Lucifer's, to roam on the Mortal Coil without extreme caution.

"They are coming and you cannot stop them. When they reach this town I, Belloc of the Sixth Circle, will have turned you into slaves for his will!" After his pompous words he tossed magical dust on Klovis and takes a few steps to right to get a better view of the temple's door.

OOC: DC 17 check tells you it is Glitterdust.

Mister Sinister: Both you and your dragon have to make a will save and after that we'll see do you get to do attacks of opportunity.

Handy Links

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2008, 10:49:34 PM »
OOC: Challenge is automatic - if you don't deal damage to me before my next turn, you're getting 8d6 damage to the face from each of my attacks. Will save for Hellborn (who has blindsense, for the record) 1d20 9=28, Klovis: 1d20 14=28. Also, does glitterdust allow SR, cause if so, check it please.

Check them both out!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2008, 06:15:41 AM »
OOC:
1) I'm not even going to roll for those Spellcraft checks if you know what I mean ;)
2) I'll stick to buffing the group with Haste, thanks :)
3) These Mirror Images, have they always been there, or are we dealing with someone who's very fond of Craft Contingent Spell (since he already had a Contingent Dimension Door (or so it seems))? :P (Possibly some Spellcraft or Knowledge checks to find out?)