Author Topic: Looking for a PrC for a Lockdown Pally/RKV  (Read 1680 times)

Bejik

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • With great power comes responsibility, to abuse it
    • Email
Looking for a PrC for a Lockdown Pally/RKV
« on: November 15, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »
This is a very unconventional character I will admit off the bat. My group is playing in an "everything, including the kitchen sink" sort of campaign, with the main rules being basically Pathfinder, so pretty much any book would be allowed. My characters current build is an alignment agnostic paladin variant (I'm NG and probably gonna stay that way) based around the Pathfinder pally for 4 levels, and 2 levels of Pathfinder barbarian. Planning to pick up a level in Crusader and then 7 in RKV, and then, assuming the DM agrees to tweak it a little to be better balanced something like the Dreadnought from d20 Future for a few levels, the DM would be likely to ignore any levels in the class that give "Bonus Feat" which would reduce it to 3-5 levels.

The main focus of the build is progressing towards a lock-down sort of theme, forcing people to stand and fight me, taking AoOs whether they do or don't, and using DR to mitigate the damage from all the hits. I'm mostly looking for a PrC to fill up the last 3 or so levels of the build that would give me some casting advancement as a Paladin to flesh that out a little (already picked up Battle Blessing to make it that much more useful) and help me bring the pain. I'm permanently Large and increase to Huge when I rage in case that's helpful.

tl;dr Feel free to mock me for being in a crazy/broken campaign. Any sources. Looking for a PrC to give three levels of paladin casting in 3 levels and hopefully enhance my tankiness. Thanks in advance for the help.
Maybe I'll reconstruct my sig from the WotC boards, maybe not, have to see.

Bejik

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • With great power comes responsibility, to abuse it
    • Email
Re: Looking for a PrC for a Lockdown Pally/RKV
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
Actually, I solved my own problem by realizing I was being an idiot. Miscounted a few things as far as number of levels I had to play with, ignored some convenient options of things, and overestimated the utility of the Dreadnought class compared to ideas I had of where I wanted the character to go. Ended up deciding I'll probably go with Pally4/Barb2/Crus4/RKV10 and get 9th level maneuvers and damned good Pally casting. Feel free to comment if you have ideas on magic items or feats etc. that might help, or think you have better ideas on levels (I'm open to suggestions on improvement).
Maybe I'll reconstruct my sig from the WotC boards, maybe not, have to see.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 05:24:06 PM »
Go Cleric and Prestige Paladin  :)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »
Go Cleric and Prestige Paladin  :)
With the Battle Blessing feat :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:12:55 PM »
Or go PrC Pally on top of Ur-Priest and abuse Dragon Magic allowing Sword of the Arcane Order since you share a spell list, then Battle Blessing and still get 9th arcane/divine/maneuvers.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!