Author Topic: Warforged Warblade Juggernaut  (Read 3078 times)

Levithix

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Warforged Warblade Juggernaut
« on: November 04, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
This is a character I plan on playing in one of our upcoming games.
The stats were rolled pretty good and he will be both the first warforged I play and the first time I use the tome of battle for my own character so I could use any helpful hints or advice, however I'm only using things that make sense (no turning off the sun with Iron Heart Surge)
I'm not sure what to do after level ten, but most of our games start between level 1 and level 5 and go for about ten levels (the highest I've been was 17 or 18), so it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
I would really like to acquire some form of fast healing because I love the image of being in the blood in the water stance fighting nonstop for days (even if it has almost no chance of happening, the potential is enough)

Most sources are available pending DM approval, which in our group pretty much just means that he wants to know what you have.
This is what I've come up with so far:

Str 17 =17(roll)
Dex 15 =15(roll)
Con 19 =17(roll)+2(racial)
Int 16 =16(roll)
Wis 13 =15(roll)-2(racial)
Cha 11 =13(roll)-2(racial)

Flaws:
Shaky
Weak Will

Level 1   - Warblade - Adamantine Body, Power Attack, TWF
Manuvers: Sudden Leap, Moment of Perfect Mind, Wolf Fang Strike
Stance: Blood in the water

Level 2   - Warblade
Manuver: Charging Minotaur

Level 3   - Warblade - Improved Bull Rush

Level 4   - Warblade - Con + 1
Manuver Trade: not sure
Stance: Punishing Stance

Level 5   - Warblade - Ironheart Aura
Manuver: Bonecrusher

Level 6   - Warforged Juggernaut - Improved TWF

Level 7   - Warforged Juggernaut 

Level 8   - Warforged Juggernaut - Str +1

Level 9   - Warforged Juggernaut - Open Feat

Level 10     - Warforged Juggernaut

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Warforged Warblade Juggernaut
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 12:12:11 PM »
Blood in the Water is only good if you have a lot of attacks/high threat range.  Unfortunately, Warforged Juggernaut doesn't lend itself well to either one.  This doesn't mean that there aren't good manuvers for you from Tiger Claw (Pouncing Charge would be great).  Have you considered Crusader instead of Warblade?  There is a lot more synergy between the Juggernaut and Crusader, and Crusaders can heal themselves really, really well.  Since these manuvers don't have any descriptors and are extraordinary, they heal a Warforged as well as a living character.  Plus, Immortal Fortitude.  Just keep making those Fort saves (you should be able to) and you won't have to fear dying from damage (just be sure to heal yourself with a manuver after you make a save).  Make sure you take the Juggernaut levels early, though.

Aso, you can use Stone Power to get refreshing temporary hp (you will like this if you tank, regardless of if you go Warblade or Crusader) and it counts as Power Attack for fulfilling prerequisites.  May want to pick up Power Attack later on, but you aren't required to.  Note that Power Attack doesn't lend itself well to TWF, so Stone Power will probably be your better bet anyway.

If you're ever questioning what a good feat would be, Improved Damage Reduction is rarely a waste with Adamantine Body.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:16:49 PM by snakeman830 »
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Levithix

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 12:58:44 PM »
I realize Crusader would probably have a lot more staying power and all I really know I want is manuvers and Juggernaut, but I'm having trouble thinking of a good reason why a warforged would be a crusader (it isn't an emberon game, just a regular homebrew with a warforged (probably not many more then the one)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »
The fluff of Crusader is essentially that he believes in something. That something doesn't have to be a god it could be an ideal, cause, country, person, ect...  A good example is in the movie Serenity, most of the characters are faith based even if they don't realize it.
Operative- faith in the Alliance
Mal- faith in humanity
the crew- faith in Mal and the rest of the crew.
Mr. Universe- faith in the feed
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 01:33:39 PM »
Be sure to pick up shock trooper as you already meet the prerequisites for qualifying for warforged juggernaut. Being able to power attack for full with no loss to your to hit roll is really useful.