Author Topic: The Flight Template?  (Read 4005 times)

Aliment

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Illithid Zombies
Re: The Flight Template?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 09:46:21 PM »
Naw, Aberrant Bloo->Wings, your great grand daddy was cthullu or something.
Gosh darn Cthulu and all of his darn Flying descendents that are immune to this here Sword!  :rollseyes
True Sign of Player Paranoia:
Player:"I look out of the keep"
DM:"There are no visible armies"
Player:"Aw crap theres an Invisible army!"

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »
Raptoran + Dragonborn is a good combo: flying & a decent breath weapon or the senses.

Carefully read the Dragonborn entry again.  Carefully.  It's closer to a race than a template, because you lose all special qualities and attacks and gain the ones in the template.  You modify the stats though.  So actually a Raptoran is a terrible race to choose Dragonborn with.  Just as bad as Human (in fact, a Raptoran and Human both taking that template would end up identical).  Doesn't detract from the awesomeness of Raptorans though.

Yeah, but how expensive is that going to be? And what body slot would it normally take?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#wingsofFlying

Also MiC, there's the...Phoenix Cloak which costs less I believe.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 02:09:31 AM »
...your great grand daddy was cthullu or something.
That is good to know...

How is that ever a good thing to know?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »
Carefully read the Dragonborn entry again.  Carefully.  It's closer to a race than a template, because you lose all special qualities and attacks and gain the ones in the template.  You modify the stats though.  So actually a Raptoran is a terrible race to choose Dragonborn with.  Just as bad as Human (in fact, a Raptoran and Human both taking that template would end up identical).  Doesn't detract from the awesomeness of Raptorans though.
Now, a raptoran were-eagle on the other hand...
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »
...your great grand daddy was cthullu or something.
That is good to know...

How is that ever a good thing to know?
Kinky things ahoy?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."