Author Topic: Best attack spells?  (Read 7700 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Best attack spells?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »
Cool spells are cool spells, even if the thread's original purpose is now moot
yeah.

Since we're on the subject, i kinda like Splinterbolt.  It's just thematically cool.  Plus, what other spell has a critical threat range.  Though since it's a volley attack, is it 1 attack or 3-4 attacks?  If it's 1 attack, Find the Gap could mix well with it....

Druid with splinterbolt and fire seeds and using the Cityscape ACF to turn into animated object = *Real* Tank.

Warforged City Soul Druid = Transformer? :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »
Warforged Charger City Sould Druid = Brawl. [spoiler][/spoiler]
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 06:31:08 PM »
You forgot to mention the ridiculous part of Wings of Flurry. If they fail the Reflex save, they're Dazed for one round. Meaning no actions. Meaning that as long as you have more Wings of Flurry, they don't get to take actions unless you let them. Spellwarp Sniper makes Wings of Flurry a lot like winning at life. Twin and Split Ray if you don't want anyone to get any actions.

Correct me if I'm wrong (cause I don't have the book right now) but I do remember something about if there is an additional effect which requires a save its still allowed, or something like that.

edit: guess I was wrong, it says reflex saves so this does indeed work. One of the main reasons my mages always have ray deflection; I always figured someone would do something evil like this with rays. Plus...its just a good spell to have.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:07:34 AM by Azrael »