Author Topic: Let's Optimize Disarm  (Read 15490 times)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Let's Optimize Disarm
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 04:20:53 PM »
If it makes you feel better, it means they effectively auto-hit (not counting miss chances) with every attack and auto-suceed on every save.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
That's not very godlike or impressive at all. I'm much more comfortable with nat 20s, even if it's not written that way. I like that "there's always a bigger fish".

If they auto-succeed there isn't a bigger fish. They are the biggest fish.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »
That's not very godlike or impressive at all. I'm much more comfortable with nat 20s, even if it's not written that way. I like that "there's always a bigger fish".

If they auto-succeed there isn't a bigger fish. They are the biggest fish.

That was my point and preference. I should have made it clear that it was the PCs saying "there's always a bigger fish" in reference to the gods.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »
I know this is quibbling but whatever. That makes no sense. There is no reference to always a bigger fish. Always would mean, regardless of perspective, there is something bigger.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
Almost Always a Bigger Fish.  Lady of Pain is that Fish.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
I know this is quibbling but whatever. That makes no sense. There is no reference to always a bigger fish. Always would mean, regardless of perspective, there is something bigger.

I should not have used the expression, I apologize for the confusion.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.