Author Topic: TI: Combat Thread  (Read 4508 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: TI: Combat Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 02:55:07 PM »
The larger one realizes that Sindre is out of it's jumping range, but the others are well within it's unnatural grasp. With this in mind, it advances on Ruigonth and takes a wide swing at him with a knife-like claw that retracts into the tentacle its attached to.

1d20+10=20, 1d8+5=11, 1d2=2 The d2 is Wis damage, the rest is Slashing damage. Ignore if your AC is above 20.
[spoiler]17 AC (22 vs ranged), but I have concealment. Does this thing have reach, and could I get out of its range with a 5ft step?[/spoiler]

1d100=65, so Blur didn't work this time. He's a Large Quadruped, so he doesn't have a reach (Displacer Beasts do, but they're special).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »
Riugonth, Round 2
Riugonth grunts as the strike opens a wound in his side. "Hey, I'm not going to let you get away with that."

Muttering words of power, he backs away until he is in the right position and thrusts his palm forward, a huge bolt of electricity screeching forth.

[spoiler]Move action to back away, then cast lightning bolt positioned to hit as many enemies as possible.
Damage roll (8d6+17=47), Ref 19 halves

HP: 33/54
2 Wisdom damage
Spells remaining
0th: 6/6
1st: 7/8
2nd: 6/7
3rd: 4/5
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:39:43 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 08:01:05 AM »
[spoiler]Hoping I'm close enough to be able to move into combat...[/spoiler]

Having watched the group get jumped, and having tracked these beasts for a while, Maxwell shifted into shadow has kept up his movement to aim himself for a quick, deathly strike. He hears mutterings of Mindshredders from the group, but only upon leaping towards the largest creature, to which he is closest, hoping to take out the most troublesome seeming one first. Just as one of the group he'd seen blasts a hole in the warrior, he brings hid two blades down to finish the troublesome beast.

[spoiler]This is assuming I'm nearest the big one as well, since you said I'd been tracking it. And none of you know that, by the by.  :D
Still in Assassin's stance from my last post
Move Action: Move to closest mindshredder (assumed to be the big one)
Standard Action: Bonecrusher the mindshredder
+ To-Hit: 35 (natural 19, potential critical)
+ Damage: 18

Critical Confirmation: 29!

Successful Critical Hit:
27 damage - Normal Strike (Failed Crit): 18 damage
Swift action: Change into Child of Shadow stance[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 01:44:18 AM »
Init Counts
[spoiler]
Sindre: 27
Medium 3: 21
Medium 2: 22
Riugonth: 18
Medium 1: 15
Zin: 12
Large: 11
Maxwell: 10
Haar: 2
Wave: 1[/spoiler]

Reposting for my own reference.
[spoiler]Hoping I'm close enough to be able to move into combat...[/spoiler]

Having watched the group get jumped, and having tracked these beasts for a while, Maxwell shifted into shadow has kept up his movement to aim himself for a quick, deathly strike. He hears mutterings of Mindshredders from the group, but only upon leaping towards the largest creature, to which he is closest, hoping to take out the most troublesome seeming one first. Just as one of the group he'd seen blasts a hole in the warrior, he brings hid two blades down to finish the troublesome beast.

[spoiler]This is assuming I'm nearest the big one as well, since you said I'd been tracking it. And none of you know that, by the by.  :D
Still in Assassin's stance from my last post
Move Action: Move to closest mindshredder (assumed to be the big one)
Standard Action: Bonecrusher the mindshredder
+ To-Hit: 35 (natural 19, potential critical)
+ Damage: 18

Critical Confirmation: 29!

Successful Critical Hit:
27 damage - Normal Strike (Failed Crit): 18 damage
Swift action: Change into Child of Shadow stance[/spoiler]

Maxwell's strike takes out one of the beast's four legs, and it collapses unconscious. One of the other Mindshredders let loose a psychic shriek as Riugonth's lightning blasts by, the other grunts in pain as he braces for the attack. The third is safely out of the line's path.

Wave's actions.

[spoiler][/spoiler]