Author Topic: Innate Spell Question  (Read 1255 times)

blacklitelust

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Innate Spell Question
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »
I was looking at Innate Spell and a third party prestige class I've grown rather fond of, The Metaphysical Spellshaper (Book of Erotic Fantasy).

Now, my question is, how does the ability damage substitution interact with Innate Spell?
Would it not interact at all? Would it deal ability damage every time you used the spell-like ability?

I don't recall the part of Kamehameha where people launched redwoods at each other.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Re: Innate Spell Question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
I was looking at Innate Spell and a third party prestige class I've grown rather fond of, The Metaphysical Spellshaper (Book of Erotic Fantasy).

Now, my question is, how does the ability damage substitution interact with Innate Spell?
Would it not interact at all? Would it deal ability damage every time you used the spell-like ability?

Yay  for incantatrix lite!  I would imagine there wouldn't be an interaction, since it's all fueled by a higher level slot permanently.  Now, if you mitigated it down to nil, I could see it working similar to the exalted spells that do ability damage, but there's ways around that too.  It gets really wicked though with spontaneous metamagic and invisible spell on a wizard.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

blacklitelust

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Innate Spell Question
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 12:15:45 AM »
I got to looking at the actual feat, instead of the online description and was sorely disappointed... Innate spell is not a metamagic spell as it had been described to me. It's just a feat that requires metamagic as a prereq... no synergy, no interaction, nothing.
I don't recall the part of Kamehameha where people launched redwoods at each other.